document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A bear gets a new home!!


Remember I told you about the rummage sale I went to Saturday morning and I got the old sewing case--well, my sister and I went back later in the day and I got a cute black velvet hat, black cotton long sweater and :
This little bear "cryed" out that she wanted and needed a new home--being a "sucker" for bears that cry--and even when they don't cry out--I picked her up from under one of the tables and looked her over--first--she is too dressy for me and second she had food or something all over her dress---BUT--I still paid the high price of 10 cents and carted her home with me--here I undid her out fit and found just the perfect one for her, so she would feel more comfortable here:
I have had little dolly dress for a long time and it was on a little hanger in my bedroom--it fit her perfect and the little old had that I had picked up recently at a sale also fit her--so now she is a Country Bear!!!! Oh and I took her dirty outfit and soaked it in a pan of lukewarm water and white vinegar and it came out nice and clean--so she has a fancy outfit to go to parties!!! Here's a better picture of her hat:
Oh and I found ONE necktie there to start my collection for a Christmas project--and no it is not a tree shirt!!!!
The picture at the top I took last night while out on my walk!!

TUNE in tomorrow for a "Quack of a story"?????/ Smiles n hugs, just, Di--and yes I did stitch today!!!!

3 comments:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Oh, I just love that bear - she is so cute.
Her new outfit is perfect!

Terry said...

Your new bear is so cute! She looks so happy in her new outfit.

Rebecca P said...

Di,
So nice to meet you, I found you after you visited my blog.
Love your little bear, & her new country outfit is so cute.
Can't wait to see what you do with the tie. I have a bag full of my Father's ties that I want to make some type of quilt with.