document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Stitched all day--YES!!!!


Oh Happy Day--I was able to actually stitch all day--except for eating meals--OH what a great feeling that was--and I got one project nearly off my goal list for July--I just need to sew the 2 borders on it--hopefully in the morning--finished the applique on it today.
And I worked on the paper piecing project--it really isn't too bad using the tissue paper patterns--have to say I actually enjoyed this project--course some of it might also be because of the prints I used--anyway I am sewing right along and was sewing on the last row of blocks and when I turned it over to press--OUCH--now do I cry or Laugh??? can you see what I did????
(sorry the picture is bleary11) I did it again--I seem to have a habit of doing this--I must get in a hurry or get excited about it being the last row--cause I always seem to sew that last row on the wrong side:
Now this is how the the blocks are suppose to look--see the star in the center???
And here is the finished top--all ready for batting and backing--I really love the colors on this and this picture is not doing this quilt justice at all--I will try tomorrow to take another picture of it for you.

Well, I see alot of my blogging friends posted today--so I got to get busy reading--Have a great day and happy stitching----hugs, just, Di

5 comments:

Ariane said...

I love this little quilt. And those colors are my favorite colors. I'm going to have to make myself one like that. I love it.

Lurline said...

Way to go - looks gorgeous! I sometimes find it hard to sew back to front when foundation piecing! Hugs - Lurline♥

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Hi there! Looks smashing! Just the sort of mistake I'd do too - I'm getting good at redoing things....

Unknown said...

Really cute! Isn't it great to sit down and sew when you have the time?

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like an almost perfect day. Love the quilt top.