document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Restful Sunday

It has been a fairly rest full day today and yesterday -- really!!!



My eye is all cleared up--and what I think I need to "watch" is my stress-level and my blood pressure---guess even when one is having fun--you can have stress and you can get your blood pressure all in a "boil-stage"!!!!!



I went to the Natural foods grocery store yesterday and got a few things--one was a bottle of "cod liver oil" capsules they really help keep my blood pressure down and I had been out for awhile--you know how it goes--each day you are going to go get them--only--you never seem to make it to the store!!!!



SO HOPEFULLY IT IS BACK TO QUILTING---
This is my finish for the week-end:

I just love this redwork piece and I had been wanting to do him for a long time--so in de-stressing--I asked my self what it was that I have been wanting to sew and kept putting it off to finish other things--and this is what immediately "popped" in to my brain--he was already traced--so I made myself comfy in the rocker and stitched away the week-end!!!!    I also got the other two in this series traced off today -- for another day;s stitching -- one of these days!!!!!


And here is a better picture of the red fabric from the last order;

I told you it was really pretty and it is a rich red color--here it looks more pinky???



If a big turkey is called a gobbler, what do you call a little turkey??????
*****************
A goblet!!!!!!!


Have a great Monday--everyone--it is suppose to be nice and warm and sunny here--we will see???????
Hugs, Di

5 comments:

Alice said...

It is definitely nice and warm and sunny here--almost too warm. I am glad your eye is better. I hope I didn't cause it with the turkey pattern. I know how it goes, I do manage to forget I am supposed to be having fun sometimes when things do not want to cooperate. Your redwork is very cute. And hopefully relaxing. Are you going to use the red fabric with it? Keeping doing things you enjoy and don't forget to breathe often. L, A-

Cindy said...

Di, I can't recall exactly how I came upon your blog but I'm so glad I did. You are a "regular" to my daily readings. I love your photos, your quirky jokes and your overall blog.

Today's Turkey Joke is so cute. And, the photo of the two kitties in the sick is just too cute....love it.

limpingalong said...

Love the red fabric and the red work! Hope you continue to feel better.

limpingalong said...

Oh, how could I forget -- the little kitties are adorable!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Are those your kitties? They are so adorable!

I love redwork. It is so relaxing.

Glad your eye is better.