document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, February 13, 2010

THE CAT'S HAVE IT----

What can I say----I just love kitties---all colors and sizes and ages!!!  And "yes" I used to be called the "Cat Lady" where I lived before, because I did have "lots" of kitties!!!
SO---
therefore when I spotted this new BOM I could not contain myself---Now I know "we" had agreed that I would NOT sign up and do any more Bom's right now---but ---but---I am sorry I just had tooo!!!  And there is a big second reason "why" I am doing this one---no it's not that I am bored---(laughing all the way)---it is because of the artist --- Bronywn Hayes of Red Brolly is doing them and you can connect to her site by the side bar--You really do not want to miss visiting her site---Beautiful!!!!
SO---
today I finished my first block--
Is this adorable or what?????  I did use DMC variegated thread on the wicker couch and on the cat--the rest is Cosmos thread--can't wait to see what the "cat" is doing next month?????
I also worked on my Tisket/Tasket blocks from last year---got these 3 ready--
with borders and batting to baste them for quilting--and I have 2 more that I still need to do the applique on--Picnic with cupcakes and the squirrel and crow one---have had the picnic one ready for awhile--but did get the squirrel one all ready today with a little help from Little sister!!!!

I also did get some prep work done on Sunday's Best--I really like the charm packs I picked out--have 32 sets matched up and have the 3" background squares cut--so I was busy today!!!!
It was a "tough" job--but I did get "hot" water and I did get the kitchen all cleaned up---so thanks for all your "worries" about the hot water---but next time one of you could "offer" to come and help me!!!!!!!!

Two of my Very Favorite people---I really did love---I Love Lucy!!!!
Hugs, and Smiles to all---Di
PS if anyone gets toooo much Chocolate let me know--I know someone "who" can help you with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

luv2quilt2 said...

Happy Valentines Day!! Sorry the only chocolate I have is my birthday cake.

alice said...

Awwww---the kitties are sooooooo cute!!! You have been really busy. It took all day to get everything transferred on to my new toy. Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!! Lots of chocolate.

Unknown said...

Cute write! I love Lucy best, too. I'll save you a piece of my See's ...

Happy Valentine's
Have a lovely day ~
Hugs, Marydon

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

OK...now this BOM might be too darn cute to pass up. I need to buy some background fabric first though.

Tammy said...

Oh no Di! Why did you have to share the cat BOM..sigh...it's talking to me!!! It's adorable!

Seriously though thanks for sharing and Happy Valentine's Day to you too!
Hugs2u!

andsewon said...

Cute cute! Love this stitchery!
Love our cats too!
Happy Valentine's Day to my Angel!!!!
Hugs,
Lola

Yvette said...

You kitty is adorable!!! I plan of doing this as soon as I finish my Polka Dot girls.

linéa said...

Just love your stitched cat!
Kind regards from Sweden

Judith Tetley said...

Oh what a lovely post for Valentine's Day Di....I didn't get into it this year, but have made a mental note to do something on my blog next year, especially for those who don't "receive" a Valentines pretty from anyone....got any ideas...a swap; a stitch along; a challenge? Love to hear what you think.
Congratulations on completing your first pussy cat design...I am sooooo jealous....haven't started mine yet. I'm going to a Craft Expo on Saturday next and Bronwyn will be there, so I am going to give her a cuddle for being so damm nice to us all.
Kind Regards
Judith
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com

Kady said...

Oh Di, would you mind if I "borrowed" your cute Crazy Cat Lady picture for my blog? I LOVE LOVE LOVE that. You've seen my cats on my blog - I AM the crazy cat lady!

Meow,
Kady