Sunday, March 28, 2010

A TOTAL FINISH-----

I am happy to say that I have gotten this month's Schnibbles completely finished----
This month's Roundabout (Schnibbles) is all done---even the hand quilting part and the buttons--SEE--
I am "proud" of myself in the fact that this quilt is made with "leftovers" from 2 other charm packs--
one was Baskets of Flowers by Mary Engelbreit and the other fabrics are leftovers from Objects of Desire by Sandy Gervais--plus the background and backing I had---so I only bought the jumbo rick rack and the inner border and the binding fabrics---and I really tried to use something from my "stash"--but sometimes you just don't have "it"!!!!  I did have lots of red buttons--so--after working real hard on matching the blocks--I covered up the "intersections" with buttons in the end--and now nobody can see all my hard work!!!!!

I nearly had my last finish for March done--but did not quite make it--but they will be finished tomorrow for sure--just lots of button trims to sew on and they will be done---then I can "play" for a day or two before we start all over again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs, Di

13 comments:

  1. Your Schnibbles is so cute. You've placed the buttons in a very clever way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Roundabout! The jumbo red ric~rac is a beautiful touch! It makes it such a fun quilt.

    Never fails...once you finish your projects for the month another month comes along with a new to-do list lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di, this is cute with the added touches on it. Love it. Another Schnibbles not done on this end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo I can comment!!!! Schnibbles looks awesome and congrats on working with the leftovers. Can't wait to see tomorrows accomplishments. Full size!!! Yay!! I have internet back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! I love this one! You did an amazing job. I love the added buttons and ric-rac. It really makes it unique and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love your Roundabout and the added touches makes it so personal! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is too CUTE!!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Di! It's such a pretty quilt...don't you just love using leftover fabrics in a totally new project? Makes you feel good! Love the buttons and ric-rac too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilt Di, Love the bright colours.

    Oh hope you don't mind but have copied your cute sewing mouse to put on my blog. TA!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE IT - REALLY, REALLY LOVE IT!!! The rick rack and buttons are the perfect touch! Adorable, Di - you rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Schnibbles and hand quilted to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Roundabout looks fabulous. I love all the added charm.

    ReplyDelete

I love visitor's---and I really love to read your comments--sooo don't forget to leave me one!!!!:-)

Blog Archive

Some of my clip art comes from here:

  • http:/webweaversfreeclipart
  • http://jsmagic.net