Tuesday, August 31, 2010

HAPPY SEPTEMBER--SOON!!!!

Well we only have a couple hours left here in the states for August of 2010!!!
Then--it is September--
and then the action really starts!!!!
It is time for the sunflowers---or at least that is what I think of for fall!!!
What makes you think of Fall?????
Another item that always get me thinking it's fall is grapes!!!





I was not able to do Plan A again today--or only half of Plan A--
it being Tuesday, my Anne came--
Oh by the way--the picture of Anne's mom--
Marge is 95 years young!!!!
Anne put a binding on a baby quilt--
and I worked on this and then finished it later--
I have to go shopping tomorrow to find a purple pom-pom for the top of the hat--
and then of course it need the backing and some hand quilting and the binding--so I am somewhat behind--but?????
AND the biggest thing about Fall is --
we can finally snuggle under all the quilts we made this summer!!!!


What you said it is still "hot" out--
yep--was in the 90's here today--and they say it will be for the next couple days--
but--Fall is on it's way--I promise!!!!
So don't be a lazy cat---
it is now time to put the petal to the metal---
Cause I think in the far background I can even hear sleigh bells!!!!!!!!!



Hugs, Di

7 comments:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

So summer is officially over? Oh well, I like autumn with all the beautiful colours and leaves sailing gaily in the wind.

Joy McD said...

It's been September here now for almost a day.... the first day of spring... and we've had steady rain...How does it go? August flowers bring forth September flowers...?? I wonder... :)

lv,

Joy

andsewon said...

Yes well we are still warm here an into our busy hurricane season. We have one knocking now...Earl.
Hope he passes by with on a wave...;-)
That is one cute SPOOKY hanging!
Yes need to try to get busy on more gifts! I did post all my Aug Fall finishes.
All those runners DONE!
Have done 4 in all but these 3 were the last ones to complete!!
Yes!!
Staying as busy as I can to help my state of mind...thanks so much for your kind words,
hugs,
Lola

Grethe said...

I love September .. autumn up here on the north of the world!
To me September is:
- Sunflowers,
- Sopp (Mushroom in Norwegian)
- Siri (my daughter born in Sep)
- Super fresh air
- Sewing more than Sun-bathing!!
- etc. Sure of that ....

Love reading your blog :-)

annieb said...

September makes me think of sunflowers as well...and back in the day when the kids were small I dreamt of spare time as they headed back to school. We have already had a light frost here, so fall is in the air. My sunflower wreath went up on the front door today...

Robin (rsislandcrafts) said...

Pumpkins and Scarecrows are Fall for me. I love when the leaves change colors too but haven't seen that in several years. We lived in Carthage, NY for part of 2000 and into 2002 so I was able to see some beautiful Fall foliage then. Can't wait to see some more....

Michelle May said...

Bring on the Fall! I'm ready!

Blog Archive

Some of my clip art comes from here:

  • http:/webweaversfreeclipart
  • http://jsmagic.net