Wednesday, March 23, 2011

SNOW DAY---AGAIN!!!!

Well--winter here is not over with yet!!!!
got up to about 3-4 inches of snow and it has stayed all day!!!
Must like "being" here!!!
and they say more is on it's way---!!!!

The one thing I love to do is 'hand quilt'---
and even more so when it is snowing outside!!!
So that is what I did do this morning--



the only quilt that I have already basted was this one--
it is not very large--
but as you can see--I did get two whole blocks quilted!!!


Then later this afternoon I did go to the sewing room--
and I played with some of the 'golden' charm squares that I got!!!!!!
remember this solid colored charm pack I got a week or so ago????
well that is the other reason that I got into 'trouble' the night of the Green Fairy's sale--
I wanted to order a charm pack by the '3 sisters' that I thought would be perfect to go with these charms--well----I was '3' minutes late--
so I had to try and find another one to replace it--
and I chose--
this one--it has been pretty good with the colors matching--
so today I started a quilt project with them--
these go really fast with the method that I use to make pinwheels--
now to finish deciding how I want the design to come together and what size I want to cut these too!!!!!!


I also built a 'log cabin and a big tree' today---
actually I just got them embroidered on my bom from the local quilt shop--
this month's block has alot of stitching--mostly trees!!!!


and I played with Miss Gracie and loved on her for awhile--
and then the day was mainly gone!!!!!

hey--how cute it that 'fabric' under this kitten--
I just love it--
Ok--the kitten is sweet toooooo!!!!



4 comments:

Michelle May (Shell) said...

Snow again! Oh no! Ick! today as 82 here. Of course, the pollen is raining in the air! Aaaaa chuuuu eeeee! ;)
xx, shell

Val said...

Wow. Snow! We have rain and it is warm here. Love all your projects. You are a busy bee.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Sorry about the snow, I did try to get it to pass you by :-/
Love the pinwheels - so bright and happy looking. Hugs.

Merilyn said...

Love your little pinwheel blocks!!! I imagine lingering snowfalls must get boring!!! Here Autumn has just started, but the warmth of summer remains, looks as though the seasons are finding it difficult to move on!!!

Blog Archive

Some of my clip art comes from here:

  • http:/webweaversfreeclipart
  • http://jsmagic.net