document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

OPPS--FINISHES--WIP WORK---


I was showing my friend Anne today the first two blocks of the new Homespun blocks--
and did not know whether to laugh or cry--
Here are the two blocks again--
I think what is going to happen is that the outside blocks will stay the same--
it will be that center block that will change--
and I decided that I would use the same two fabrics for the centers each time--
and I did--and I 'goofed' and even did the center's the same pattern--
see---
but now here is the way the center on the second block is suppose to be--
Ahhh--that's better--
and no I did not start all over--just 'frogged' to get the center block out and replaced it!!!



A new finish--
can't believe it--
but I have another quilt all finished--
hand quilted and bound--
this is the 'broken dishes' pattern--
I really enjoyed doing this one!!!



And I got 4 more blocks done to this one--
and here is a better look at the Magazine where this pattern is coming from--
And I like the other two quilts that are on the cover--
when can I start them??????

and another finish today--
The "Chicks"--
that got finished last week--
have 'new' neighbors---
the "Buns" are here!!!!!!!

And this is how 'my' helper helped me today--
Sleepy, Miss Gracie!!!!!
Hugs, Di

5 comments:

carol fun said...

Oh Di - I can't get over how productive you are every day. Love the pinwheel-ish blocks from the new magazine. I just picked it up today and haven't had a chance to really look at it, but just paging through I saw several things I'd like to try. Take care!

Merilyn said...

The Broken Dishes quilt turned out very nicely, and either way the centre of your Homespun blocks look great, but I see the change you made!! The little 'chicks' and 'bunnies' placemats are very sweet too! What a wonderful companion that Miss Gracie is, bless her!!!

Grethe said...

Lovely post,this time as well!See what you mean with the middle;love it!! But I might have changed it, yes:-)Nice bunnies and chickens, AND of course miss Gracie!! Good magazine the Ouick Quilts,must order it again.Happy Sewing,Di!

Teresa F. said...

What a great bundle of projects. Love your Broken dishes quilt. The wool placemats look wonderful, the bunnies and chicks are really cute. miss Gracie looks wonderful in her comfy sofa.

Joyce Carter said...

Hello Di. I really love your blog. It makes me happy every time I visit.I am so amazed at everything that you get accomplished in a day.It gets me inspired to do more. I was wondering if you could tell me the name of the blocks that you are doing from the Quick Quilts magazine? I really like the way these look and think that I would like to try these next. They would make a very beautiful quilt.
Hope you have a great day!