document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

HAVE I TOLD YOU LATELY.....

Just how much I love you all and ..
how much you all mean to me????

Well--I am saying it now--
I love you all --and you all mean the world to me--
so thanks so much for always being here for me!!!


Ok--lets try to do some catching up here--
I am still slowly--very slowly some days--
still working on cleaning and organizing and decorating--
Ohh--Di that looks like a new old cabinet there between the couch and rocker???
where did you get that???

Most of last week end was watching the races--
but I did work done here and there and will get some more photos of that--
And Monday was a big day--
a Birthday even--

for me--
girl friend and I went to Salvation Army to drop off some left overs from her rummage sale she had over the week end and as I walked in the back door helping her--
I spotted this--
this is solid wood and heavy--
the shelves look dark and stained in this photo-but they are not really that way!!!!
and better yet--was only $6.99--can you believe that????
See there is the sticker!!!!
so you know it came home with me--
as I was looking for something to put right where it is now for all my sewing and knitting things to be by my rocker for me to get to quickly---
and I got these 2 items--
this is a small cup and saucer for the doll cabinet--
and this one had no saucer--but--
it has pink roses and was only 49 cents!!!
then we went here for lunch--
Yep--it was built a year and a half ago--
but was the first time I got there and I had shrimp--yummy!!!
I waddled out!!!
that is with this little man--
Then we just went to Petsmart for Miss gracie--
and Joanns for a minute!!

When I got home I had two 'pressies' waiting for me in the mail--
these wonderful gifts are from Shell, Harrington and Hannah at Raspberry Rabbits--
thanks again--love you !!!
and this wonderful assortment of gifts--
Fabric--wow!!!!
I did not have this pattern so that is delightful--
and don't you love the cat pin and those heart pins???

some great reading material for this summer--
and of course some chocolate--
and I think that miss gracie has opened one of these already and is enjoying some!!!!
and it all came gift wrapped--how delightful for me--
just loved unwrapping everything!!!
and this great package was from Alice in VA--
thanks again sooo much!!

stay tuned tomorrow for Part 2 of this story!!!
Love, di and miss gracie









5 comments:

sunny said...

Happy Birthday!!!! It sounds like you had a pretty nice celebration. I love the cabinet you bought. And I know how much fun you'll have decorating it. Enjoy!

Alice said...

Don't you know I love that cabinet and the purple teacups. All the decorating looks great! Glad you liked the goodies and had a good birthday. Cracker Barrel is yummy and it is hard to get out of the shop without buying something cute.
Dangerous place.
L,A-

andsewon said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you were spoiled for sure. Now I really love that old cabinet! CB is a heavy meal place for sure even if you do the Cobb Salad!
XO

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Happy birthday, Di! Lovely gifts!
I really like that cabinet! Very nice to have by your rocker.
Hugs!

Merilyn said...

Happy Birthday Di!!!!!
And many happy returns!! I hope you are feeling better by now! It looks as though you had a lovely birthday, your new old cabinet is a very handy item for what you want to use it for!!! All the very best!!!!