document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

ANOTHER ONE--

Is now proud to be finished--
this was another bom--in applique and I just loved doing these blocks--
and am so happy to have totally finished so I can enjoy it--
I did hang it outside the door in the hall way and my heart one is now inside here with me!!!!
and this is the backing--
again it is a piece of fabric that Alice sent me--
I just love this piece!!
This one was hard to find a binding for--let me tell you????

And here is a look at the 'in the future' table--
these are the smaller sized ones--
and these are a bit larger size--
they all now have batting and backings--
just need to press and baste them as I hand quilt them!!!!
Work work work--
and--
I still have more tops to do?????????

Yesterday --
my friend Anne and I walked over town for a  toasted cheese sandwich--
and coming out of little restaurant I fell in love with this---
that   sweet potato vine is so full and long and pretty!!!
these planters are all up and down the main street--
but I think this one was the prettiest!!!!!!

Well--you all be good and enjoy the summer/winter where you are--
for before long now the season will change again!!!!
hugs, di and miss gracie





6 comments:

Oddbjørg said...

What a lovely finish!
I think you'll have quite a work hand quilting these quilts :-)
Have a nice day!

andsewon said...

Pretty finish! Working your fingers to the bone...at least those quilting fingers! I used to use that vine in pots when I would do up the pot and hangers here on the porch.
Had to water too much to keep all going so no longer do it.
Lola

Alice said...

I think I need to borrow you!! I have 3 or 4 things sitting here that need fabric picked out for backing and binding. Not to mention the actual doing. You are not going to have anything to do soon. Ha Ha Ha!!!
Everything is so pretty!
L,A-

sunny said...

What a pretty little wall hanging! You do such nice work Di. I can't wait until I'm retired and I can try to keep up with you!

Joyce Carter said...

Beautiful, Di! I love applique and that one is just gorgeous. You really did a wonderful job.

Merilyn said...

Your completed applique door hanging is really a lovely piece!!! It looks as if you have quite a few UFO's in your sights for the coming weeks/months!! It can be a slow process but progress is progress!!! Indeed this season will be changing soon, so far our winter has been quite mild, looking forward to Spring!!