document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, September 7, 2013

VINTAGE RACE DAY --

IN THE GLEN!!!!
I did not go over to Main street this year--
but have used photos that a paper that publishes on the internet did--
found on : Odessa files
Watkins Glen is well known for car racing and for getting it back on the go after the wars--
and it used to run--literally right down main street and then up the hill and through the country
and back down to main street with the finish line in town!!
So now every Sept they do 'mock' races using this old trail--
and all kinds and makes and models and years of cars come from all over--to race the old track and
to show off their bit of history!!!
even though this is black and white--this was taken yesterday as they come down the hill and onto main street--
I don't remember these cars being so shinny before--must be a new trend!!!
and by the way--I was born May 1948 and the first race after the war was Oct 1948--
and my parents said I was there!!!!!

I did not get to go over town yesterday--
heard it was crowded--
In the 10 years that they have been doing this 'Vintage day--
I have never seen a crowd this size--
I did hear from some here that they had to come back as there was too many people--and after seeing this photo I believe them--
this is only part of main street and yes those folks are in the street and on the side walks!!!!!
Enjoy!!!
hugs, di and miss gracie





2 comments:

sunny said...

How cool! It does look a bit crowded, but must be so much fun to have something like that in town. Love your funny at the end.

Alice said...

I think everyone is enjoying the fact that it is not raining. There was a crowd of walkers and joggers on our street. Looks like a fun day--sorry all the people kept you from enjoying it.
L,A-