document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, January 10, 2015

FINGERS ARE TOO COLD --YET!!!!!

 to help keep them warm
 I have been stitching away!!
Did add the rows of snow garland to the tree--
and I got the saying all embroidered for Shell's January SAL--
so that maybe on Monday I can get the rest of this ready for stitching--
I need to organize all my felt/wool first and I did get those totes out of the closet today--
am putting my felt/wool into a 3 drawer unit that has wheels on it and it will go
under my cutting table--will be much easier to get to that
than at the bottom of the closet
like I have had it!!!


And I designed and sewed together a winter quilt--
Bought this line of fabric a couple years ago now--
and have wanted to do something with it--
first I fussy cut the 4 stone and log cabin homes into blocks and just kept
playing from there--
the snowmen,trees,fence and icicle rows are also a panel!
so now I have a quilt top--
and here is the backing for it--
the bird fabric I had a yard of it--
but it wasn't long enough in lenght--
but had lots of the rows of panel left--
so put the snowmen row at the bottom
 and the benches one at the top to make it long enough--
now to find time to quilt it!!!!

smiles, di and miss gracie


9 comments:

sunny said...

Your little 'panel quilt' is adorable! All that stitching should help to keep you warm.

Joy McD said...

I love Shell's BOM - so tempted to do it, but I know I shouldn't!!! xxx

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love snowmen and pretty winter fabric! This is so beautiful! Happy weekend!

Maria said...

What a great way to keep your fingers warm Di.
Nice little winter quilt..

Renee said...

Your winter quilt is darling! I am enjoying following the Quilt Doodle Designs BOM. Your tree is looking great! I will be following you on Bloglovin.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Everything is looking wonderful so far sweets. As usual, you are amazing with all the things you get accomplished. Hugs and hope you are staying warm!

Alice said...

You are moving right along!! Everything is looking so pretty! I need to find a few minutes to start. Aren't you proud of me for commenting???? Keep up the good work--motivate me please!

Raewyn said...

Your new winter quilt is gorgeous Di - great scheming to get the backing to fit! I haven't started any new boms yet but there are some nice ones out there - like yours' so far. Hope you keep warm!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I got your email this morning....a little late. Let me know if you got my response! THANK YOU so very much! Hugs, Diane