Monday, January 11, 2016

I WORKED ALL WEEK END

on finally decorating this new apartment--
and this morning I got this stitchery that I finished off last year framed--
and it now shares a space with these other counted cross stitch pieces--
this is the corner of the dinning room area--
this is at the other end of that wall--
I have always wanted a bulletin board and now I have one right by my chair!!
the photo on the wall is one I took of here outside a couple weeks ago and had a free coupon from a photo shop near here for a 8x10 and picked it to have done up--do love it!!
and I really like how this wall came out-this is the wall between the hallway and kitchen--
this is part of the corner by the tv and computer in the corner of the living room--
and though it does not look like Florida to me--I do like the way it came out--
I am just having a hard time decorating with my country stuff here in Florida this time--
when I moved here 26 years ago I loved and kept my country look--but this time it just doesn't feel right????
I did more--will show more tomorrow--
in the meantime--
I got this ready for the words--when I can decide on which words I want to embroider on them --which I want to do this afternoon-so I best get to deciding!!
and I got the back and batting already for it so I can baste it and hand quilt it as soon as those words are on!!!

Weather update--
it is finally quite chilly here--but the sun is out and shinning brightly and that makes one always feel warmer and better!!!

Love and Laughter, di





4 comments:

  1. Your framed cross stitch is beautiful and your home looks great the way you have decorated the walls. I agree country wouldn't look good. It's sew nice to have a fresh change in a new home...
    Enjoy your stitching on the hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your cross stitch pieces... my decorating style is to surround myself with the stuff I love no matter what anyone else thinks. Your place is a reflection of your talent and that is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Carol. Surround yourself with what you love. You can always add a little or change a little as you go. I thought your style was a little bit country and a lot cottage style. THrow in some shells and it will all work out. Which side of the river are you on? Ocean side, or inland?

    ReplyDelete

I love visitor's---and I really love to read your comments--sooo don't forget to leave me one!!!!:-)

Blog Archive

Some of my clip art comes from here:

  • http:/webweaversfreeclipart
  • http://jsmagic.net