document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, February 20, 2016

SCRAPY SATURDAY--

Well--I was off to a good start???
Got the little pink and brown star from last week
into rehab and got it cured--
see all the fabric now goes to the edge to of the block--


The I worked on the 2 blue/purple stars to catch up for January--
only--
to discover that for what ever reason the top piece and the bottom pieces don't work together--
these are done with thin tissue paper foundation pieces and it seems that I did the top pieces with the numbered side of the tissue correctly, but for what ever  reason worked the bottom pieces from the wrong side of the tissue paper--grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr??????
so this story will have to continue--

I did get the 2nd block of the Splendid Sampler done--
and I have purple butterflies--
and I remade the first one--
like this one much better--
remember this is the first one I did--
think I will send this one to Anne for one of her quilts!!!

And I got another basket block done--
and added a little something extra to it--

and I have wanted to do this pattern for ever--
and so I finally did--
have lots ready to stitch up now--

More news on the birthday post hopefully tomorrow--
in the mean time--
happy stitching--
love and laughter, di







8 comments:

sunny said...

Oh My! What is the pattern for those wee baskets? I've always wanted to make those baskets. Sorry about your stars. Fortunately you have an excellent rehab department. I decided to join the Splendid Sampler, so I need to get started. And I haven't made any brown blocks for RSC yet this month. I better get off this computer and get busy!!!!!

Lesley said...

You have been so busy! You have some great blocks here!

Kate said...

I've learned with the paper piecing that you have to be awake, aware and double check everything twice before you start a block. It's so easy to forget to turn either the paper or the fabric. Lots of pretty scrappy blocks.

Maria said...

I am not a fan of PP sew good luck with yours Di..
Such pretty basket blocks...
Lovely SS blocks and I like both your first ones...

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Now that is how my stars would turn out ..... The butterflies are pretty and the baskets, too. I admire how much you manage to get done!
Hugs

Raewyn said...

You're getting lots of practise at that foundation paper piecing - but the stars are going to be great, hope you can keep at them :-) Good work with your SS - I haven't even started yet and here you are doing replacement blocks already! Cute baskets too - wow you've been really busy!

Heidi said...

All your blocks are so cute, love the butterflies, and the stars are perfect for RSC. I love using tissue paper too and have made this same mistake when I had not marked the top side. At least it is an easy fix!!

Carin said...

Those blocks are wonderful, love the large basket where you add something. Great idea !