document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

QUILT HAPPY DANCE

OH--yes you can believe I am doing the 'happy dance'
I have finally--
FINALLY--
got my bow tie quilt finished--
This poor quilt has been made and then remade a couple times over the last 11 years or so--
this is a 3-d bow tie block--
It was a block that I learned at the quilt shop in NY that just closed during one of their monthly 'quilt club' meeting and so I ran home and made some and then some more--
until I had lots of blocks--the first arrangement with these blocks the quilt was much larger --
but that was "before" I realized the value of good quality fabric and the other fabric that I had used to but around the blocks all faded--badly--so it got unstitched and re done!!!
and yes this is all hand quilted and let me tell you--
there is alot of blocks there!!!

And on 'slow stitching Sunday--I got a finish --
another one of the monthly counted cross stitch blocks done--
and I even got a start on June's block--
it is a big bear--
and I have decided how I am going to finish these off and display them--
so that is good--right???

love and laughter, di


4 comments:

sunny said...

Fantastic Finish! Love the bowties. What's up next??

andsewon said...

wonderful! Love the May kitty.

Carin said...

Oh my gosh, ... this is realy a beautiful quilt !!!
Love your may stitching.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Yay, well done for finishing! The kitty is so cute :) xxx