document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, March 4, 2017

IN THE RED--

Fabrics that is--
this month's color is 'red'--
and what bird is red???
none other than my favorite bird--
the--
Cardinal--the male one--
I did not have a pattern for him--
just some photos from the internet--
so this guy took me a few hours to make--
and to get him to fit a 7 1/2" square block--
what 'fun' I had!!!!
but he is done--
along with the strip block--
so I am happy--
next Saturday will be the cat blocks in red---
and here is a look at all the blocks so far--
I am really 'lovin' my new design wall--
so much better for taking photo's of the finished blocks too!!!!

I have also started a St Patty's day door hanging--
but got a ways to go on that one--
did get the pattern ready and fabrics picked out for the main body of the quilt!!

               enjoy the moments, di

5 comments:

Alice said...

OK, just answered my own question. Very impressed with your "from scratch" cardinal. I need to do some strip blocks, they look cool.
L,A-

Maria said...

Your Red Cardinal Bird is amazing, especially as you didn't have a pattern. All the blocks look fabulous together on your new design board..

Raewyn said...

Oh I love your Cardinal - a bird I love to look out for when I visit the US! YOur design wall is looking really good - exciting to see it grow :-)

Kate said...

Love your cardinal! Cardinals are my favorite bird. We have a pair that nests close to the house each spring and I love to watch them. You've got a nice theme with the birds and the string blocks. Are those going into the same quilt?

sunny said...

Gorgeous cardinal! And without a pattern? I'm impressed. Just got home from a scrapbook retreat, so I need to get busy with my red scraps.