document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Friday, June 9, 2017

A FEW SURPRISES TODAY--

I did make it down to the dock first thing this morning--
no rain--but a bit breezy down there--but 2 squirrels ventured out
for a couple peanuts and I got a bit of sun--
When I got back to the apartment, there was a phone message
and another tenant asked me to ride along while she went to Wally World--
who can No to that--
I needed a new ironing board cover--
which I did find-
then found a sale table of fabric--
and I picked up these two--a yard and half of each at $2.50 a yard--
yep just $2.50 a yard--and they are a nice heavy quality--sooo!!!!

Then when I went down for the mail today I found 2 packages in the box--
one I knew about--
I had ordered some more wool colors to my collection--
I realized that I did not have hardly any blues--so now I have some of those--
and you know how those 'carts' are--things just fall into them and we have to pay for them---
so here is some other colors!!

And there was a big box in the mailbox--
from my girl friend in NY---Annie--
Look at all this fabric--and some of these are large pieces of cloth--
and a nice selection of colors too--
will have some fun with these--
also got 3 older quilt magazines to read and a book--

So you could call today--A Material kind of day!!!!

          Enjoy the moments, di


5 comments:

sunny said...

My gosh, are you going to have to move out to the hall to have room for all your fun fabric? Lots of pretties !

Karen said...

The mail man made you happy!

Alice said...

Does that make you a material girl??? Sorry, I couldn't resist!! You have plenty of pretty goodies to keep you amused!!
L,A-

Kate said...

You struck gold with the Walmart finds. Very pretty! You've got the makings for some fun stitching. Enjoy!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's so much fun to get a package from a friend that knows just what you like! You'll get so much inspiration from the magazines too. Like the chicken and the egg...keep us posted! heeheehee! Hugs, Diane