document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, June 14, 2018

WE ARE SMART PEOPLE

 or at least some of you are very smart-
when it comes to these computers and how they work--
there has to be a solution---


When I first started blogging-
and getting nice comments--
I loved it--
and it took me along time to realize that I
was suppose to answer those comments in some way!!???
and I will confess here that I could not 'see' why--
'why' did I need to say something back for someone saying something nice to me--
about what I did (or maybe didn't do!!)
Unless someone asked me a specific  question--
I just didn't comment back--


now fast forward to a couple years ago--
and for what ever reason--
maybe loneliness from the move--
I started commenting back to you folks--
and wow--
it has opened up a whole new lot of friendships--
Friendships that have come to mean alot to me--
along with learning so much more about--
sewing, life, family, gardening, thrifting--eating--photography--
well you get the picture--


and now--we can't get the comments in our email boxes so we can
answer them quickly--going back to each blog we left a comment on--
isn't possible for many of us--
as we don't leave comments on every ones blog site every day--
So what can we do---???????????????

I know that leaving ourselves a comment first on each posting--
does give us one email of all the comments-
does help--but we still have to look up email addresses--
Soooo--
is this the only answer NOW--
or is there another way to do it--
come on all you technical folks---
ask everyone you know----there has to be another answer?????????
Computers are suppose to make things 'easier' for us--
not harder!!!!
Is there a 6 year in the house?????


WE MISS OUR COMMENTS IN THE EMAIL BOX----!!!!
 and I see alot of bloggers are threatening to stop blogging--
help?????

ENJOY EACH BLOGGING MOMENT--DI



9 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

i THANK YOU FOR COMMENTING--HAVE A GREAT DAY--DI

Julierose said...

Maybe blogger wants us all to quilt--i don't know, but i am totally frustrated with this "new and wonderful" hahaha blogger stuff. KISS blogger is what I say hugs, Julierose

sunny said...

My computer has a great memory, and when I start typing in a name in the address bar, it usually comes up with the email address. But it's still a PITA to respond. I know that BLogger didn't start this problem, but I sure wish they would come up with a fix.

andsewon said...

Blooger/Google did start this problem. Has to do with Open ID and not accepting those profiles and other stuff. I read the item on their news post page but honestly had no understanding! Crazy.

andsewon said...

I started back blogging at the insistence of some and because I was hoping to keep a journal of my projects with it. Now no comments to speak of and no way to email responses. May try Word Press but like you no tech here so will need to have help switching!!

Cheryll said...

I know a lot of people reply to comments but I am not one of them. I READ all comments but would rather spend my time in the sewing room instead. I think most of my friends know this and understand.
But I guess it's nice to remind them of this once in awhile.
I hope this issue is fixed soon for all the bloggers who like to respond back... xox

Maria said...

Like you Di blogging has opened a whole new world to me and I love all my friends so this commenting problem is a real pain and I don't have an answer.
I do try to answer all the lovely folk who leave me a comment.

Kate said...

I'm doing what you are doing. Adding a comment to my post to get the emails. When I'm ready to reply to a comment, I click on the link that takes me to the Blogger profile page, right click on them email address, select copy, forward the message and then paste the address into the right spot. It's not as fast as hitting reply, but it's not been too bad.

Chookyblue...... said...

It is a pita as you say .....it is blogger as it is Google. They stuffed it all up...... Wished they would hurry and fix it....... I really to all comment..... It is how we connect with each other.......