document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Monday, August 6, 2018

COME FLY WITH ME--

up up up  we go--
into the clear blue sky--
you can fly  this one--
or--
you fly this one--
the oranges in this one are darker than it shows here--
I like both of them--but this one is the cutest one with those fishes!!!!

And while talking about 'orange'
what about a block with orange--
well and a little pink and gold thrown in for good measure!!!
I had 2 different orange and white prints picked out for this block--
but then this morning as I went to cut the pieces out--I decided it needed a bit
more color in the 2nd piece--
and here is the center piece--
this piece goes with the thread spools--and I had forgotten to cut the orange
center square--so decided to use a square of it!!!

So I got my Vitamin C this week end with all sewing I did with 'orange'!!!!!
what vitamin did you get a good dose of this past week end????

      ENJOY SOME GREAT STITCHING
                        THIS WEEK-DI



10 comments:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Pretty kites! Who is going to fly them? I am on holiday at the moment at my sister's - but have managed to knit a pair of mittens for a young friend. Not long til they will be needed :)

Kate said...

Bright and bold kites, those would look so pretty against a blue sky. Very fun fabrics in your Squared Away block. Looks like you've gotten off to a good start on using up some of those orange scraps this week.

Maria said...

Love those kites..
Lovely orange squared away blocks too.

Alice said...

Well done getting the orange done. One of these days, I really need to make some of those kites. They really are cute!!
L,A-

Linda in Calif. said...

Good Morning Di. I do so like your cheery orange kites. Your detail of embroidering the tails makes them extra special. When I was first married my Grandmother gave me an UGLY orange trivet. She said because I like orange. Which I didn't realize it did, but that trivet was so ugly I tossed it and refused to have anything to do with orange for years. Now, I admit that I very fond of orange, just not that trivet!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That orange is perfect for this project! Tossing and turning eeehhh? Sounds good to me! Stay cool!

Deb A said...

That photo of the cat and guinea pig - so cute! The kites are cute.. I have a few that need to get sewn into a quilt. Thanks for inspiring me.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice work on your ORANGE blocks for the RSC!!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I love your orange blocks! The little fishies, the spools, and the flip flops! Too cute.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Love your orange blocks! Must catch up.. must catch up... :) xx