document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

SOMETHING GOING ON

I finally got some crafty things going on--
but first I had this to deal with--
This has been what my small kitchen table has looked like for months--
I only eat breakfast here--and look out the window and watch nature-
then I work on a counted cross stitch project--
and then I added the Inchy-hexie stuff as I do that stitching first --
from what I picked the day before (I am too tired in the evenings to try to stitch on
these small hexies --find mornings better for me!!)
so we had to do something about this organized mess first--
Wow--there really is a table under all that stuff--
the hexie project and counted cross stitch now go down in this pretty tote--
and just pretend you don't see that other stuff there--
it was gone by this morning--
Opps--well--you really didn't think it would stay cleaned off for long did you???
Got last weeks project #1 prepared for stitching on the 'project a week' site--
am doing 3 of the items--though mine will be different than Fee's--yet on the same order--

And look at what I found in one of the little storage boxes I have--
remember this from last year that I kept a daily record in of my hand quilting time in it--
now I am keeping track of just stitching time each day in it--



And here is the last 2 days worth of Inchy's--
On Sunday I sorted my yarns and knitting needles out--
a bit of yarn and some knitting needles will hopefully be flying to CA for some knitters who
lost everything in the fires--I had alot of double and triple sized cable needles from when I did more knitting years ago--I still kept my whole knit-pick needles--just don't usually have but a couple projects going at once these day--
that is a card with some fine sandpaper glued to it (was given out a quilt class a few years ago--)
and it is just the right size for holding these small hexie's while I draw the design on them--

and Mondays hexie--
is a pair of scissors --cause I actually did cut some fabrics for sewing!!!!

Send some 'love' in a note or letter today--
luv, di

6 comments:

Cheryll said...

It's a great feeling to have a clean up isn't it... no matter how long it lasts.. xox

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'll send some love to you today..does that count? I just got back from a hike and it's time to relax. I know...I should start a new cross stitch. I say that every day! Hugs!

Maria said...

That's what happens when I clean up the Cave. Only stays that way a few minutes...

Linda in Calif. said...

Di - your table looked great (for a second!) HAHAHA I just had to laugh at the table being cluttered up again. That is just what happens to my dinning room table. I do like your little clear box - then you know exactly what is in it.

Kate said...

It's always nice to have a clean space to work in, I just wish the "clean" lasted longer. Love both the little hexie blocks.

Raewyn said...

It's nice to feel organised - even if it's only for a short time! Your wee inchies will be a great diary of your year; it's an interesting way to keep track of what you've been up to.