document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, January 26, 2019

WHAT'S UP--

on this beautiful Saturday-
(that is if you can stay inside and sew --
where it is warm!!)

I got this little block stitched yesterday--
and did it by hand piecing it--
It really was not bad to do--
even the half square pieces where ok--
now to decide if I want to do the other 'tiny Tuesday'  projects that I am behind on--
or if I just want to do a cat each month in the color of the month--
Humm?????
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
so yesterdays "Inch along"--I did this --
a red kitty--

And for Thursdays 'Inchy"
I did this hexie--
for starting sewing for the 'hand piecing' quilt we are doing--
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAIL CALL--
and in the mail I got the supplies I need for the  Crabapple Embroidery stitch along-
that starts Feb 1st-
There is 2 trays of colored pencils there-
total of 48--
but--
only 2 are the actual numbered colors that Meg is using--
but there is enough shades for me to substitute and be really near the other 3 colored pencils I need--
and may even use a different  'pink' one--a bit more pink, even than the one she used--
we will see how it looks on the fabric--
I already had the 4 floss skeins in my stash and a new sable paint brush I bought on sale a couple years ago and have not used--
the fabric is bought (I could not believe I was out of white cotton fabric--so had to go to town!!)
and it is cut--later today or maybe tomorrow I will start tracing the designs off onto the fabric--

oh and I did reorganize the colored pencils--so now all the greens are on one section, blues are together ect--where they had some of each color in each tray????

TAKE TIME TODAY TO TELL AN ANIMAL OR PET THAT YOU LOVE THEM!
LUV, DI
Seen this on the knitting paradise site this morning--
and she made me laugh!!!
it's like she is looking at me and saying--
"Lady what are you lookin at???? My head is cold--soooo????"

4 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I need to get some thread...in the right colors. I have thread but it's not in the original wrappers so no way to tell what color it is! lol Enjoy your weekend. We are supposed to get rain tomorrow so I want to start a sewing project!

Carol said...

My goodness, Di, I am so impressed with your work ethic! Way to go on all the work each day!

I think the pencils were divided into 2 trays just for the overall effect multi-colors in each tray make. :-) Just thinkin'.

Maria said...

Sweet red kitty and have fun with your new sew along and those pretty pencils etc.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh! A mini RED kitty and thoughts of others in each RSC Color of the Month? What an AWESOME idea!!