document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, January 3, 2019

WORDS

what we do without 'words' in our lives--
and boy have I had a time trying to find my 'word' for 2019--

everytime I have decided one was the right one--
something happened and I changed my mind--
so I did spend an hour of quiet time today--and just thought about my 'word'--
I had a list of choices I had written--
--awareness--be more aware of what is around me and what is going on around me!
--hope--hope that 2019 is a better year!
--discovery--discover things around me that I might be taking for granted, everyday events and                   things!
--joy--seem to have lost mine these past 6 months--maybe even longer--think I have been just going         through each day in an automatic mode of some kind-!
--explore--want to go new places--see new things and met new friends!( I have seen where 2 of you         have chosen this word for 2019--good for you)I chose this word a couple years ago--but don't                      think I worked it--!
--fun--I really want to have some fun--think we adults forget or really even know how to have real           fun these days--maybe I am wrong here and it is just me that doesn't know how to have 'fun'-?
--focus--need to really 'focus' on what I am doing at the time I am doing it-and I need to be present in        the moment!

Welllll-
which one did I pick--
yesterday it was--"Fun"
today it was --"Focus"
But as I read this--
I have changed my mind again--
and I am joining the "Explore" band wagon--



I want to be aware of looking for things to explore with hopes of discovering new things, all the while  having some fun when doing the exploring, as I am  focusing on the joy of it all--
are you ready to join me??
What do I want to 'explore' first?????

and--
Be sure to have some ---


Today---
Diane


9 comments:

sunny said...

I think you chose wisely! Perhaps you need to explore a new place to live? I think you need to stay in a small town, so you can have the opportunity to get around and explore every part of it. Including Quilt shops? and Yarn shops?

Karen said...

How are you doing with the shingles?

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Looking forward to reading about your exploring - and have lots of fun doing it.

Maria said...

Pleased you found a word.Have fun exploring..... I've never chosen a word for the year.......

Carol said...

Di, you have always had a good time wherever you are and whoever you are with...I think the past months have changed your attitude just because you have not been well. Hopefully the shingles will dissipate as time goes on and you will start to get back to your happy "normal"! Sending best wishes this goes quicker than it has been!

HUGS!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Kate said...

A great word for 2019, it brings a lot of the other words with it. Enjoy your focus on exploring in 2019, may it bring you much joy.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

That's a great word! Haven't worked out what mine is yet! xx

Linda in Calif. said...

I think this is a great word for you this year. I think by exploring your world all those other words will be completed. Now you can make you hexie with your word for the year on it.