document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, February 28, 2019

SOME ACTUAL SEWING NEWS--

I do have some stitching to show you--
but first--
about Anne--
her doctor says she does have some cartilage on the one side of her knee--
so he wants her to try some PT first and see if that will help the knee--
so she starts that on Monday morning--
and was very relived that he didn't want to do any kind of surgery
right now!!!
But she will be taking in easy until Monday--
or so she told me--but ???????

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Ok--first I have another block done for the hand piecing sal--
and yesterday I cut out the fabrics for the next two--
and today I got all the markings done on all those little pieces--
so all ready to start putting them together--

And today kinda finished up the largest part of a project--
the Crabapple Hill one--
we just have 2 squares that are blank now--
and those will have fabric applique to them--
probably get those instructions tomorrow
(and yes some of mine are different--you know me-
have to do my own thing--lots of color changes and some stitch changes--
and I added that heart shaped button in the one square--found it when looking
for the right button in the last square for today--)
both buttons are old buttons--like antique ones even!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yesterday I finished  this counted cross stitching--
I started this series years ago and got the first 4 months done--
and still had the May pattern--
but don't have any of the others--
and am now finding it hard to find the rest of them--booo!!!!

We ended up with about 6 inches of snow yesterday--
no more today--
but the wind changed directions and I am cold cold cold today in here--

But the sun shined all day!!!!

CALL SOMEONE TONIGHT OR IN THE MORNING--
AND TELL THEM THAT YOU LOVE THEM--

LUV, DI

6 comments:

Joyce Carter said...

Hi Di. So glad to hear that Anne isn't going to have surgery for now. I hope everything goes well for her.
I love that orange block. That color is so pretty.
I really love the Crabapple Hill project too. The designs are beautifully stitched. You should enlarge them and make some quilt blocks from them. It really would be a gorgeous quilt.
Well, our weather has been warm, but rainy. However, next week it is going to drop down in the 20's at night and 40's during the day.I am really dreading it after the warmth we have had.
Take care!

Maria said...

Pleased your friend Anne doesn't need surgery for now...
Nice orange blocks and your Crapapple project and coming along nicely.
Great cross stitch finish ....

Carol said...

So glad to hear Anne won't need surgery right now. I hope the PT helps her.

I LOVE that Crabapple Hill project! You certainly used lovely subs for some of the squares. I like to "change it up" too, when I work on things. :-)

HUGS!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Hi. Wishing Anne luck, hope the PT helps.
Lovely projects as usual - the cross stitch is pretty.
I am visiting Spring for a week (on the west coast) and it is lovely seeing crocuses and snowdrops. Hope you warm up soon :)
Hugs

Linda in Calif. said...

Your Crabapple project is so much prettier than I imagined it would be. Good job on it. I'm so thankful about Anne. I'll continue to pray for her.

Connie said...

Your posts are so full of inspiration with your quilting and embroidery. Lovely work :)
Good news about the knee too.
Thanks you for your prayers they mean so very much.
Connie