document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, May 19, 2019

I AM---

tired, depressed and lonely today--
so that is why there is one less--
one less--dark truffle in the bag  on the bottom shelf
in the refrigerator!!!
Ok on  to some 'better' stuff--
We are back to Wednesday of last week--
and I did a dogwood bloom for the tree across the street--
and the photos I took that day--
(think my artist drawing talent was on vacation on  Wed--by the looks of
that poor bloom!!!!)

Thursday--
was a day where --
you know how you know that there are things you need to do--
but you seem to put them off--
and sometimes they don't ever get done--
welll--
I did sit down and do --one of things--
and that was to send out some cards--
I sent out 4 birthday Thank You cards, one Birthday card, and one Sympathy card!!!
the birthday card went to my other sister--June--though a bit early--
her's not till this week on the 23rd--
and the Sympathy card was a very sad one--
to an old boyfriend and his family (he is the  one I am sure I should of married--but???)
His very talented and genius level -14yr old grandson committed suicide!!!
(they say cause of that awlful word--bullying!!!!)
I was terribly bully-ed in school--only I didn't know it was suppose to bother me--
had never really heard the word--bully--back then--just thought it was what kids did--
so--I just took it and kept right on going with life--but I guess it is alot different now--more peer pressure--more in the news about it--sad sad sad!!)

Friday--
Oh what a delightful surprise I had Friday afternoon--
I was sitting in the rocker--stitching--and glancing out the window--
when I stopped--and sat and stared--
because--instead of a Humming bird at the hummer feeder--
I had this guy--
a beautiful Balitmore Oriole--
the first time I have seen one in real life--
and was on my 'bucket' list of birds I wanted to see--
I just watched him drink--as I was so surprised--
and I knew that if I got up to get the camera--I would scare him away--
maybe if he comes again I can get a photo for my album!!!!

Saturday--
was just pretty much a routine Saturday for me--
Laundry--
sewing the Inchies together for the past week--
Then in the evening--
I watched my favorite sport--
NASCAR--
this week was the All Star race--
no points--just fun racing--
and only a select few--like 19 drivers on the field--
and I got excited in the end with who won--
someone outside of the main 6 drivers who have won so far this season--
I love it when a different driver wins--
OHHH--and the winning prize besides a trophy--
was just--
a check for a
Yep--one million dollars!!!!
(he won't get the whole thing--but alot of it!!!)
Kyle is married and has 2 small cute kids--a boy and a girl!!!!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

And Yes--after nearly 5 1/2 months of doing the Inchies--
it does get harder and harder some days--
really did not know if I would come up with something for yesterday--
cause as I said it was a quiet routine day--
I thought hard before I did another race car--this was my 3rd one since mid Feb--
but --then racing is 'my' thing other than stitching and knitting and photography--
so why not--especially when there is something 'history' making going on!!!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

We are 'hot' today--
yesterday we were still 'cold'--
so today it feels 'terrible'-- really--way too hot--
our bodies are having a hard time adjusting--(at least mine is)
tomorrow is suppose to be hot too--but then--
we are back to cold!!!!!  go figure!!!!!!

TAKE TIME TO DO SOMETHING TODAY THAT YOU LOVE--
LUV (AND BLESSINGS) --DI 




8 comments:

Carol said...

{{{Di}}} I'm sorry you were "in a funk" today. I get like that too, sometimes and it's hard to come out of it. But, I'm glad the oriole lifted you up! :-) I love hearing the birds and try to see where they are in the trees. :-)

So sad about your friend's son. How does a parent deal with that sadness?! I sure do wish kids now would think before they open their mouths. It's sooo hurtful and you remember those comments forever.

It's hot here too. I put away some fleece pullovers and winter nightgowns and brought down the summer curtains. Too hot to have thermal drapes up! lol They block the breeze! We won't put the A/C in the windows until it gets warm and stays there.

Try to have a good day tomorrow, my friend. I think about you very often. We are a lot alike, you know.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Hi sweets. Your inchies are wonderful. Believe it or not... they are what helped me through being in a funk for a year. I'm still in one, but it's a bit better. Sending love to you.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope you feel happy this morning! I always love Mondays...new start to a new week! I'm sending you extra hugs today just in case you still need them! heehee! And I love that Baltimore Oriole! What a beautiful bird! Have some fun today! Sweet hugs, your buddy Diane

Maria said...

Sorry to read you had a down day and hope the choccies helped make you feel better...
The inchies always look great when sewn together and I think another racing car is fine. As you said it's what you enjoy watching....

Cheryll said...

It's your inchy blanket so you can have lots of "cars" on it...
Hope today is a better one for you... xox

Karen said...

Only one missing from the bag? That's not bad.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Sending you lots of hugs.... isn't Kyle Alice's favorite? xx

sunny said...

How exciting to see a Baltimore Oriole! I'm not sure I've ever seen one. Sorry you've been down. I haven't been very good about reading blogs lately. :-(