document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Monday, May 27, 2019

MOVING FORWARD--

Life moves forward every day--
whether we are ready or not!!!

After a couple weeks of having my reaction to some 'chemical' stuff
happening here -
I had 2 days of lots of energy-
Saturday and Sunday--
so lots more 'little and big' things got done--

Thursday--
was my sister June's birthday--
June is 3 years younger than me--
and only lives about 20 minutes or so--further north of here--
but I have yet been able to get together with her--
hopefully that will change this week!!!!

Friday--
was one of those days!!!???
some things where ok--
like taking the bus to Walmart for my 50 minute walk--
and getting a couple more plants for the barrel outside--
but--
then in the afternoon--
heard some 'gossip' and such--
which did not please me!!!!

Saturday--
Well--summer is under way here in Watkins Glen--
with--
when you are outside during the day--
on the week ends you can hear this sound--
racing--
yep--they have some car type racing every week end--up there--
and even though the races is a few miles from here--the sound carries--
and you can hear them down here--
and living at the end of the lake--
we get to hear this--
'horn' of the tour boat going out on the lake each hour--!!
and lots more car horns, and sirens, and the such--

Here is where the Inchies are from last week--

Sunday's --
inchy is--
a big bug--
seen him sitting on my window screen--
so I went outside (after I closed the drape for background)--

and took his photo--
and the above one of me taking the photo--
is for all of you who want to see what I look like!!!!!

And Now for the Fun part--
some finishes--
I got June's "word play" done--
I used my own color choices--
I like mine brighter--
yesterday--
and this morning--
after picking my own colors for July--
got it started--this morning--

I also 'dug' this quilt project back out--
to once again--
work on them--
this one was half done--
I believe this one is #8 out of 20 that I need to do--
and last evening while watching the race--
I got #9 basket done--now to do the flowers in that one!!!

and I got this block finished--
finally--

I am also working on the applique hearts that I was doing 'one a day'--
until I moved here--
think I got about 4 more of them done since getting back here--
and have about a dozen to finish that are prepped--
so am working on trying to finish those off--

My Dad served in WWII--but made it back--
as the war ended about the time he left--
but alot of men were not so fortunate!



BE SURE TO THANK SOMEONE--EVEN IF JUST IN YOUR HEART--
FOR GIVING THEIR LIFE FOR OUR FREEDOM--
LUV, DI




7 comments:

Carol said...

I'm so glad you keep sewing, Di! I love to see your projects. That bug is HUGE! I hope it's a "friendly one"! Yes, summer is upon us here in NJ too. LOTS of motorcycle noise. Ugh.

My dad, my brother, and my father-in-law all served in the military (2 Army and 1 Navy) All came home alive. God Bless all those families who lost someone while serving.

Maria said...

Nice to see all the projects you are, beautiful cross stitch and stitched basket of flowers....
Shame you can't see your sister more often, no buses go to her place?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Such a great photo of YOU...teehee! Love that bug you saw and of course all of your stitching! Enjoy your day sweet friend!

Cheryll said...

I love watching your inchy's grow... so keep showing us...xox

sunny said...

Wow - I didn't realize you could hear the race track at your house!! I wish we were coming up this year, but we still havent recovered from our roadtrip out west. And....ewwww..what is that bug??

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Karen said...

I am so happy to see you working on Word Play. I love those designs.