document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, June 30, 2019

SUNDAY--HALF YEAR GONE

Can you believe that half a year --
and half of the Sundays in a year--
is over already??????

Tuesday's Inchy--
Tuesday was a full day with lots happening--
My water delivery came at 7:50am-
( I get 12 gallon jugs of spring water delivered once a month)
At 9:45 Dustin came to measure my window for an A/C unit-
and at 10:00am--
Anne came--
We got me my B-12 injection--
then to the Post Office to mail out 2 packages that I have tried to get to the post office
with for over 2 weeks and we still had to go to the next town to do it--as they were still working on the street right in front of the post office-
and then we did something --FUN--
we went to a green house--
and these came home with me--
there is 4 different flowers here--
and something else happened--but I will get to that later!!??

Wednesday--
was a lovely warm day--80--sunny--
took the 9:30 bus to Walmart for some supplies--
like more potting soil--
so I could play in the dirt when I got home--
most of the new ones went in the barrow--
but I needed something else for the 'overflow'--
so look at what I found in the kitchen aisle???
a pretty turquoise bowl for only $1.34!!!
and it worked great for plants and adds a bit more color in the garden--!!

Thursday--
was a big day again--
I had alot of cleaning, to do--as they were inspecting my apartment on Friday--
and you know how it is--you think your place is 'clean' until--
you know someone is coming----

also this happened--

my new air conditioner got installed--
this one is 12,000 btu's--so if it ever gets hot and humid out--
I will be cool and chilled inside!!!!!
I also finished the shawl I was knitting--
though no photo's yet--!!!

Friday--
Now I need to back up my week a bit here--
back to Tuesday morning--
this is what I get got to see each morning at breakfast--
my flower barrel full of big yellow pansies--
but I am sitting at the table and realize that something looks funny--
so I go out to feed the birds and I discovered that half of the pansies are gone--
A deer had jumped the fence and had them for a midnight snack--
well--ok--I still got half of them--
but I also know that pansies don't like hot weather--
so that is why I went to the green house on Tuesday and got more plants--

Then I get up on Friday--
and--
deer had jumped the fence again and finished off the rest of the pansies--
now he/she did not eat the voila's--I think that is 'funny' as they were right there together!!!
I do believe if the weather stays cool--the pansies will bloom again--
and if the deer stay on the other side of the fence!!!
Finished cleaning and had the inspection--
And we had another fire alarm at 10:30pm--yep some of them cook really odd hours around here!!!

Saturday--
Turned out for the better part of the day--
for 3 good days in a row--nice and sunny and low 80's with hardly any humidity!!!
But around 6 pm we had a nice thunder storm--
I do miss the thunder storms--I am one of those 'weird' folks that love them--
not sure when I fell in love with them--but I do love watching and listening to them--
crazy I know!!!
I have to say that the week did catch up with me and I have been very tired for the last 2 days!!!

For slow stitching Sunday--
I have started the August Word Play--

And this morning I went on line and ordered--
Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec's patterns--
when I ordered the last 3 of these from this company--
they were only $9 each--today they are $11 each--OUCH!!!
Plus shipping!!
but it is done and done--can't stop now--right???

For--
I have been able to stitch every day this past month--
so 30/30 days--
and did a total of 54 hours of stitching for the month--
now I might be 'cheating' a little here--
as I stitch that Inchy every day and that takes a good 20-30 minutes--
but I am usually also doing some counted cross stitching or embroidery each day too--!!


HAVE A WONDERFUL LOVE FILLED WEEK--
LUV, DI


11 comments:

Raewyn said...

A great summary of your week Di -I do love seeing your Inchys :-) A nice spot of gardening - shame about the cheeky deer - I guess they would just jump fences to get to your pansies? Amazing how the stitchy moments add up!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love how you stitch your week up in those sweet inchies - so fun! Your flowers are beautiful!

Karen said...

Your creativity of designs for the hexagon blocks has not wavered.

Karrin Hurd said...

Cute hexagon stitchery!

Sandy said...

The flowers are all so pretty. Air conditioning runs just about all year here.
I simply can't imagine otherwise or that I must be soft, because even here in the Deep South I grew up without anything but an occasional window unit running. I wonder how we did that now! Many have said that the August word play is their favorite. Happy stitching.

Carol said...

Your flower barrel is so pretty! Have you done some research on what you might put out by your flowers to keep the deer from devouring them?

I needed some more inspiration and you haven't held back. ;-) Tomorrow I hope to start cutting out the ornaments and finishing them.

HUGS!

Kate said...

Love your new garden! I'm sure there is proof somewhere that flowers lower your blood pressure and do all kinds of good things for your health. Congrats on all the stitching time and the hexies. It's always fun to see what you stitch each day. A new winner yesterday in NASCAR. Worked for me, how about you?

DawnyK said...

Love those inchies! What a busy week.

Deb A said...

Busy week! So funny the deer are selective in their grazing. I love watching t-storms too...but 1 kid does not like them at all!

Cheryll said...

Love all your inchy’s and your garden looks great...xox

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

This year is going by way too quickly... you've been a busy bee, haven't you? Love the squirrel and your new bowl,looks so cheery! xx