document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, July 7, 2019

SUNDAY'S HERE--

What a week--
it had it's challenges --as always--
and it  kept me busy--so it has been a whole week
since we visited--sorry about that!!!
Our weather did change here too during that week--
Summer showed up with hotter temps!!!

Lets see--
Last Sunday's Inchy is--
Yep--on June 31--it had been 181 days that I have been doing an Inchy a day--
6 full months--half a year!!
wow!!!
and then we turned the calendar--
TO--
Another full month of adventures and Inchy's--

Monday's Inchy--
I started working on shortening my capris--
the first pair is an olive green pair--
(capri's are almost pants on me--cause I am so short!!!)

Tuesday--
was a very busy day
and an interesting day!!!
As you know it is Anne's day to come and visit--
Right after she got here--
the phone rang--it always rings when she is here-it's kind funny!!
But this call was 'the call' I have been waiting for--
more on this later--
We went down to her house--
as she had forgotten to bring me a couple things--
and as we stood outside looking at her flowers--
a pretty dragon fly-entertained me--
even though he was half the size or less than those of the Florida ones--
he was neat to watch!!
Around 1:30pm the fire alarm went off again---
so I walked up to the Bakery and got me a loaf of my Cracked Wheat bread--
I was out!!!

I was not sure if I wanted to keep doing the Inchy's--
and I was about out of the wool hexies--
so decision time--
but then I realized that 2 important people to me--
have birthday's in Sept and as I have all the rest of my family birthday's on a Inchy--
I need to keep going so I could add theirs in when they came around--
and how would I entertain you all--if not for the Inchy's!!!

And then (my finger's and heart like to shop--even when my head it still trying
to make decisions) look at what showed up in the mail---???
enough to finish out the year--sooo---

Wednesday--
the Call on Tuesday--
Came from Florida--
the new to me place--I am now #5 on their wait list--
it could still be 2-4 months--
so for the next couple days--I had 'tons' of paper work to run off on the computer--
and fill out --finding other papers to make copies off--

Thursday--
Very quiet around here--even all evening--
miss all those fireworks in Florida--
I did work on hemming a second pair of hot pink capris--
only when they were all stitched in--
I realized that something didn't look right--
What--
I cut the hems off even--
look--
But apparently one leg was shorter and uneven--so I ended up with the very crooked hem line--
So we unstitched and re-cut them and got them ready to re-stitch--
(they got done yesterday--and are now even--!!)

Friday--
We had us a not one here--
it got to 94 degrees--
but I spent the morning finishing up all the paper work that needed to be sent to Florida--
so after lunch--I did walk it all down to the post office to mail it--
it is a good 6 blocks there--
figured I needed to get used to the heat again!!!
on the way home I did stop at the Yarn shop for awhile--
and then on the way home from there--
I stopped at the little Farmer Mkt over in the park--

Saturday--
Fresh garden peas--
that I had purchased at the Farmer's market--
got shelled and cooked up for my supper--yum!!!

Also these came in the mail--
Crabapple Hill had a sale last week--
I worked all week trying to talk myself out of this purchase--
but remember--those fingers of mine--did it again!!!
and this pattern really 'sang' to my heart--
old fashioned canning jars--with flowers in them--
I also got the Lemonade  one to maybe go in the middle of this one--
You know I also love aprons--
and the other one is go with another one of her's I have already!!!!

so here is six-months worth of work--

and here is where August's wordplay is so far--
and this morning I finished picking out the colors for the rest of this one--

and--
this basket got finished yesterday--
while catching up watching the smaller Nascar race--
I will be starting #11 during the big race today--
but first  I have a new small embroidery to do--
for a Christmas in July project!!!

Ok--you have listened to me long enough--
go have some fun today--
and remember to tell someone (or a fur ball) that you love them--
luv, di

6 comments:

Maria said...

I always like to see your inchies . I can relate to having to cut down your capris and the uncontrollable finger when it comes to buying....
Oh No 4 on the list for Florida, that's good.....
Lovely cross stitch and basket....
As I'm home alone at the moment have no one to say "I love you" sew I'll tell the trees 🌲

Cheryll said...

Love watching ur inchy’s grow...

Joy McD said...

Your inchies ar just amazing!!! You are too for keeping up with them! Looking forward to seeing your little embroidery! Xx

Carol said...

Woohoo on moving up on the waiting list! Time goes by quickly so you prob should start packing unused stuff! lol

Love to see all your accomplishments! Keep going!

HUGS!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm happy you are moving up...so to speak...on the list too! The weather is crazy here right now. We have those pop up showers almost every day. Hard to plan anything! Love your inchies! They are just plain FUN!!!

Linda in Calif. said...

I for one love your inchy project. I love coming looking at them and guessing. Like this time, why you have a pair of pants one leg shorter than the other. I didn't know you could buy bags of pre-cut inchys! I could see why you would think of stopping but I think you will be glad you did the year. It is such a cool project. I love the basket and the canning jars. Makes me want to start another project. Yikes!