document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, October 10, 2019

THIS WEEKS FUN--

Sunday, Sept 6th--
Was a big Inchy day--
I finished up all the past Inchy's I was late on --
and then in the afternoon--
while watching racing--
I sewed about 30 Inchy's to the body of the Hexie--
So by Sunday night I was completely caught up--
what a good feeling--

Sept 7th--Monday--
I got up not feeling real great--
guess all the excitment of flying, shopping, unpacking--
getting the apartment set up --
and packing up DD and getting her on the road to Illinois--
caught up with me--
so in the after noon--
I reached for a book that was waiting for me to read it--
so now each afternoon I have been reading for an hour!!!

Sept 8th--Tuesday--
I was finally ready to do some exploring--


And walked around outside the building--
I started in the back of the building--
I was also told there is 160 apartments in this building--no wonder I kept getting lost!!!
I was happy to discover the gazebo in the back-
pretty flowers all around it--
table and chairs inside and I like the chairs--
so I did spend some time in there now for a couple days knitting!!

back to the front of the building is this path--
and it leads to that  corner of the building-
and that is the smokers area and they feed the birds and squirrels--
but way too many smokers for me to go there and enjoy nature!!
This is pretty much my view from the apt window--
these are new apartments going in--very expensive apartments they will be--

this is the front of the building--
there is several sitting areas under here before you get to the front entrance--
(my actual apt is over top of this area)
sometimes I sit here and knit and listen to the fountain--
the parking lot is in front of this area--
so we sit way back from the street and all the street noise!!

Sept 9th--Wednesday--
I got lots of paperwork and phone calls in with the new address--
and did some cards and a letter and got them in the mail--
and talking about mail--
I got a package in the mail--
2 new charm packs from Missouri quilts--
Look at all these delightful colors for my stash--
one of these was on sale at a really low price--
and the other one just plain jumped into the cart--
(same thing happened yesterday--so will have another order
coming in from them next week!!!)

So we are all caught up--
These Inchy's are so funny--
some days there is 3-4 things I could put on one--
then the next day--I have to really work hard at thinking what to put on one!!!

Should have photos of the apartment before too much longer--
at least I am hoping--most all the furniture is here--
just need a nice sewing table for the new sewing machine--
and a couple plant stands--
and I have started to decorate--but only a bit, so far!!
with the holidays and fall here it is hard on what to hang or put where yet????

SEND A LOVED ONE A CARD OR TEXT AND TELL THEM HOW MUCH YOU CARE ABOUT THEM TODAY
LUV, DI

8 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love to see each Inchy and how amazing to see them stitched together! You are so talented! And I love the book you are reading! We are having better weather so it's nice to get outside some too! Hugs!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Do that seems like a large complex but happy you have found some cosy spots to make your own. These inches all together are impressive. I’ll look forward to seeing some inside shots.

Karen said...

Do you think you will remember the stories behind each Inchy?

Carol said...

Wow, that inchy hanging will be awesome when the year is done. How big is it so far? do you have a wall you can hang it on?

HUGS!

Joy McD said...

Thanks for showing photos of your new home! Looks like there are a few nice places to sit and enjoy! Looking forward to pics of the inside! xx

Maria said...

Thanks for taking us for a wonder around your apt.
Nice to be caught up with the inchies...

Kate said...

Love how you are putting the hexies together! That is so cool! Looks like a nice place to live, lots of places to sit and get out for a bit.

sunny said...

Your inchy project is looking fabulous! Why don't I have your new address? You never even gave me your address at the last place in NY. But I knew how to find you there.