document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, November 17, 2019

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!

Besides a 'whole' week flyin by--
Somehow I missed doing a mid week post--
I will have to talk to my 'secretary' about that--
oh wait--that's me!!!!

Last Sunday--
Nov 10th--
This happened along with some "Happy Dancing"
cause I finished this block--
which meant that I had actually embroidered all 20 blocks now!!
even if it did take me about 8 years to do it--
look here--
See--I told you all 20 are done--and I think this is the arrangement I will do--
Here is the pattern--
and I like how she finished her's--only--
I will have to get some 30's fabrics to do it--
I had used a layer cake for the blocks--and have no idea the make of the line--
plus that was 8 years ago--so --doubt I will find the ones in these blocks now??
good problem to work on after Christmas--right??

Monday-
Nov 11th--

Veterans Day--
My Dad was a vet in WWII

Tuesday--
Nov 12th--
Was a --
kind of day--
a nurse was to come at 6am to draw blood--
got up --but she didn't show--Hummm!!

Wednesday--
Nov13th--
Was the day my floor got sprayed for 'pest control'--
everyone said it doesn't smell--
well--you all know-how-- I am with chemicals--
so I was ready to leave the apartment when they came--
and --
don't believe them--it does smell and it choked me right up--
so I grabbed my stuff and got out in the hall way--
there was also a meeting downstairs by an Insurance co--
and if you went and listened you got a $10 Publix gift card--
so I went down there--well someone's cell phone went off--
and the speakers said--turn off your cell phones--so I pulled mine out and
shut it off--he said the next one that went off had to do the Hokey-Pokey!!
So--guess what happened--mine went off--no joking--I was in the back of the room--
so I made a quick exit!!
It was my friend Frannie saying she would be picking me up in 15 minutes--
and that 4 of us where going to lunch--
and we went here--
and it was 'free' as the one gal's son is a big chef here and so she can
bring in her friends anytime and eat free on his account--
so no gift card--but did get a free lunch--!!

Thursday
Nov14th--
I finally got to do some sewing on the machine--
I even got the borders on it--
but I forgot to take a photo of it--opps sorry!!!

Friday--
Nov 13th--
they say Timing is everything--
and on Friday it was--
remember the nurse that didn't come on Tues--they rescheduled her for
Friday morning and she came about 7:10am--
I noticed her bag and how organized it was and said something to her about it--
and she said she liked it but it was heavy--
so I went to the closet and showed her this luggage tote--


DD gave it to me when I moved in here--
I keep it in the hot water tank storage closet--
Here we have our very own hot water tanks--
in taking it out or putting it away--
I noticed water in the tray under the tank--
so later after my shower and getting dressed--
I went down to the office and reported it--
so--
they came up and said they had to replace it--

Now if the nurse had come on Tuesday--
I don't think the old tank was leaking then--
but by her coming on Friday--it was--
so--
Timing is everything!!!!!

Saturday-
Nov 16th--
After lunch I walked over to the Thrift store--
they had 35% off one nick nack--
this is the one I picked out--
I didn't have any tea pots--
so this one is perfect--
one with a Tea Shop cafe on it!!!
and another little doll came home--
I need to fix her long coat and glue a couple tiny buttons on the top--
she likes visiting with my two other dolly's!!

And WHO turned the temperature down in Florida--
it is so cold and damp here that I had to turn the ac off--
and the heat on and get some of my warmer clothes out of the suitcase--
where I was keeping them!!!
I did move to Florida--didn't I?????

GIVE SOMEONE A WARM HUG TODAY--
LUV, DI



8 comments:

Carol said...

I wondered where you had gone off to....no post... so glad you finished the pretty baskets! Have fun picking up some 30's fabrics. :-) Those baskets look so cute!

I'm sorry about the hot water heater. It's a really good thing you noticed the leak before it became a BIG problem!

Nice to get lunch out so often, especially if it's FREE! :-)

HUGS!!!

BTw, it's cold up here in NJ too. Colder than it should be!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

I love the basket blocks! So pretty! And the teapot is really cute.
I have just shovelled 10 cm snow from the driveway :)
Keep warm. Hugs xx

Maria said...

Love all your baskets and they look great all sewn together..
Nice to go out to lunch and ever better when its free..
Lucky you discovered the leaky hot water system before it got worse...

Linda in Calif. said...

LOVE your post today Di. So much fun, why I might even do the hokey-pokey! lol.

Connie said...

Your quilt is going to be a true treasure. Eight years . . . But now very close to done . . . How exciting:)
It's beautiful.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Love your basket quilt Di! Well worth all the 8 years!! So glad to hear you're settling in so well xx

Deb A said...

Great job on the baskets and great way to look at the nurse scheduling mix up! So glad you caught that before water damage happened. I'm enjoying wearing the jeans and long sleeve shirts... but just went outside and had to change to a short sleeve - it is in the 70's after all!

Kate said...

Sounds like an eventful week. It has been cold, even for here it's been pretty chilly. Hopefully you've gotten in some good stitching this week. Wasn't thrilled with the last championship race and sad that Jimmie is retiring. Even worse, no races till February!