document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, December 8, 2019

ONLY TWO MORE SUNDAY'S

to the big day--

Christmas--then one more Sunday to New Year's Day-
and a whole new year starts--
that equals--
only '3' more Sundays in 2019--wow!!

the last four days have been busy for me--

Dec 5th
Thursday--
we had a 'fun' lunch in the Dinning room--
Here was our main menu for the lunch--
and here is one of  the 'sever's'
this is Shawna and she is always dressing up in costumes!!
we had roast beef, who hash was 3 different pan roasted potatoes in colors, green beans,
roll and who pudding was bread pudding!!!

Dec. 6th
Friday--
was a big day--
first I walked the 4 blocks over to the Library here in town--it is pretty much a straight line--
from here--though one street crossing is a 4 lane access road--going over I did get to see a wood
pecker up in a tree--so stopped and watched him for a minute--
I was going to the Library cause I thought there was a Quilt group meeting there--as they meet
two times a month there--the first and third Fridays--and the lady on the phone when I called
a couple weeks ago said this one was their Christmas party--!!
But--no body showed up and I waited until 11 am--(they must go somewhere else for the party??)
but I got a good look around the library and met two lovely gals in the Children's area--(which is larger than the whole library up north where I donate my quilts to!!)
and I found these neat sets to buy--
each Christmas story book came with a animal--
and being that ''child" that I am in my heart--
I fell in love with the lady and man moose and
the two rabbit's--I also can't wait to read the books--
which I will pass on!!!  these sets where just $2 each--
on the walk home--I spotted a red-pilated wood pecker up in a palm tree--
(do you realize how tall the palm trees are here???

about 12:30 Frannie picked me up and we went back to her house for a big Turkey dinner-
that she had cooked--)think I about turkey-ed out these days--but it was good and she sent me
home with lots of leftovers--
we did go back by the library on the way back here--
she wanted a couple of special children's books to send to her two grandkiddies--
and they had a couple books she wanted to read--and I wanted a couple books to read--
as I had forgotten my library card in the morning trip!!

Dec 7th-
Saturday--
I was really tired all day--
but I did keep working along--
Santa hats--
I started the Santa on my counted cross stitching--
and--finished this Santa--
an embroidery one that I was playing with evenings--
and the Jan Daly block was--
so it was a hat day for sure--!!!!
I had also finished this quilt by bedtime last evening--
This one was all made here in Florida on my new sewing machine!!

And I had walked to the Humane S thrift store and these followed me home-

tiny tea cup and saucer set--
a cute blue bowl-
and this table cloth--
Some one has done all the embroidery work on it--
but never hemmed it-- I will--after I launder it--
it was only---$1.00  can you believe that????

Oh and the elves showed up this afternoon and got the gold tinsel on the tree-
but then they disappeared--wonder when they will be back to decorate the tree????
oh well--we wouldn't want to rush them--they still have 17 days til Christmas!!!

DON'T FORGET TO LOVE YOUR PETS TODAY--


WE OFTEN DON'T TAKE THE TIME THEY NEED OF US--
DURING THE HOLIDAY RUSH!!
LUV, DI





2 comments:

Linda in Calif. said...

That little waitress sure is cute! I like that she is making life fun for everyone. A "Who" lunch - that's a cool idea. I'm panicking thinking there are only 2 more Sundays till Christmas. I don't to go shopping. Great find on the table cloth and dishes. Glad that you have your sewing machine up and running, making cute stuff.

Kate said...

Sounds like a very fun lunch. Love the server's holiday spirit. You've been busy on the stitching front. Hard to believe another year is winding down.