Friday, September 4, 2009

I don't like Paper Piecing--but---

I have to say that I do not care for paper piecing--even after that class--though those patterns with the actual tissue paper is not as hard as they even tell you what size to cut each piece of fabric-------BUT----for the pattern today that I worked on -- I had to run off the foundation paper patterns--then figure out how large to cut the fabric pieces--ouch!!
Can you see here that I am alittle short on the fabrics for the upper left hand corner--actually more than alittle--had to redo it---
Doesn't this one
look alittle better----and then I went  on and finished two of these blocks--

Managed to get
two of these done for the pattern--then I have to make 4 of another block--
I got 3 all done, before that "tummy" said I had to "feed-it"--plus I was short one
set of foundation papers, so had to scan another set--it's done and the
fabrics are all cut--so maybe tomorrow????/
I got one of my orders in the mail today--and this one was soo neat--it was from "Bunny Hill"--after I took it out of the mailer--I noticed this seal on the plastic that was around my fabric--
 
Here's a closer look of the label--

 
Not sure if you can see it well yet--but it has 2 carrots on them--sooo cute;  and here 
is what was in the packages;

the ribbon is so neat on the bundle--will save it for something -- and I had just loved this rabbit print of Ann's--also got a little trim and some new needles to try:
 
And I forgot I also ordered this pattern--don't these critters look sooo cute???/
Well, this post page is running totally different tonight--so have no idea how this will look on my post--so let's go see??????

Have a great Saturday---hugs, just, Di

7 comments:

  1. I like those pieces you made!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blocks you have made, I also do not like paper piecing and end up having to redo parts like you did. Oh well it is all a learning curve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the paper pieced pieces that you did. Is that from a kit or a pattern that is available? I would love to do a few myself.

    That is such a cute tag. I also like the fabric that you received.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so lovely! love the fabrics that you used too. It is so nice when an idea comes together, cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a big fan of paper piecing either. But some times it gets the job done in a really good way. I will be looking forward to seeing the rest of your project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smashing blocks. And that new pattern is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Di, it is with love that I know who is my friend the swap. True, the online world is very small and we are always finding ourselves in Blogs. I do not speak English, use the online translator.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love visitor's---and I really love to read your comments--sooo don't forget to leave me one!!!!:-)

Blog Archive

Some of my clip art comes from here:

  • http:/webweaversfreeclipart
  • http://jsmagic.net