Monday, February 7, 2011

BETTER!!!!


I was alittle "better" today in the mood department--
did not feel the need to "kill" anyone or to tear down walls--



But still did do some redoing around here--
and all by myself--
see what a big girl I am!!!!
Needed to hang up different quilts--
Took down the last two Christmas ones--
and put up others--
This went on the wall here by the computer table--
it is the "round robin" one I did last year!!
this is the one on the wall behind my sewing chair--
this one is really my Mom's--she started all these Sunbonnet Sues back in 1970--and all the fabrics on the dresses are either from fabrics leftovers from dresses I made my DD--or my dresses or my Mom's dresses--she only got the blocks sorta done--
I did all the finishing and quilting in 2000.
and another quilt goes here on the wall between the dinning room and the kitchen--
again these are ones my Mom did--I used all the red/white/blue blocks left over for this quilt!
And talking about red and white--
I have been working on a 2 year old project that I have not shared yet--
Here is Miss Gracie checking it out--
Hummmmm--a red and white Yo-Yo quilt---


I guess it gets approved by the "boss"!!!!
Hey wait a minute there is 3 yo-yo's missing????
Oh I think the "dog" ate those!!!!

You are sooo silly Mom--we don't have a dog!!!
Oh that's right--!!!!
Probably Mom just didn't get them made yet!!!!



I also got all the snowmen in the tote and the cover on it--
the 2nd time around--so some will have to find a new home!!
got it and all the rest of Christmas up in the shelf in the closet--
that is a real good feeling--was getting "tired" of it all!!!


Got the Valentines out--
and guess what I discovered????
I could really do some more--
in real red and white and pink--
some of the things I have are a "funky" colors!!!!


*******and a lovely Miss Gracie*******

9 comments:

  1. That red and white yo you quilt is so cool Di! I have a friend that goes crazy over yo yo's She is the yo yo queen!
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilts, Di. It is nice to change things around. Yesterday we got a bit more snow, but now the sun is shining again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Sue in red and blue.

    The little yo-yo quilt is sweet.

    I love Christmas and winter decorating but after awhile it is nice to pack it all away and bring out the Valentine and Spring items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sun Bonnet Sue - she's always so cheery. The little yoyo quilt is so cute, and I'm sure you'll have it finished for us to see soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both quilts you have hung are lovely, I do like your 2 year old project do....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to have your quilts on show, especially as some of the sewing was done by your Mother! Love the yo-yo's, they never go out of fashion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate redecorations,but how else can one show all things made!??Lovely Sunbonnet Sue quilts. Must be great haveing quilts done by a Mom:-) Hopefully my DD will say that one day,but she is not into sewing:-(
    The yo-yo`s quilt will be great, especially after Miss Gracie`s inspection!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you have calmed down...!!! Your hanging quilts are lovely, and am glad Miss Gracie approves of the yo-yo quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The red yo-yos are really coming along - they will make a really cute quilt - or whatever you plan to do with them.

    ReplyDelete

I love visitor's---and I really love to read your comments--sooo don't forget to leave me one!!!!:-)

Blog Archive

Some of my clip art comes from here:

  • http:/webweaversfreeclipart
  • http://jsmagic.net