document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Friday, September 2, 2011

HUMMING RIGHT ALONG---

I was so worried that my little hummer had flown the coop!!!!
but I seen her today and she was a 'hummin' along--
she loves the new feeder I got her--
she even sat on the little ledge under the feeder spout--
then she went to each of the tiny blossoms and got some nectar--
came back and drank some more--always think I am going to get her picture--but am afraid to disturb her in her 'work'!!!
and Miss Gracie got some new flowers in the window box to enjoy hiding behind today--
so my two best friends are happy these days!!!!

I have just been busy doing the same ole same ole--
feeling sad for those who lost so much during Irene--
and knitting--
though I did read a book last week end on my Kindle--Blind Faith by CJ Lyons--
good read!!!!

Yesterday was Knit Class and we learned how to do this---
Made a ruffle scarf out of a special ball of flat ribbon--was fun and very easy--
this is what I worked on most all day today--so another knit project is finished--
and I kept some leftover yarn for an idea I have roaming around in this little mind of mine!!!!

and yes I came with some more yarn--
the blue one is kid mohair--and I did get two balls of that for another shawl--
this is a crochet project--I took the light plum one I made in to be blocked and happened to wear it while I was there knitting==when I went to take it off I realized that it felt like a light feather on--
one did not even know you had anything on--yet it kept you nice and warm--so I had to get some more yarn and start another one--again this is an easy pattern!!!
the other ball of yarn came from a local yarn company--and is a new color for them--I like it alot for fall--as it doesn't have that bright orange in it--what am I going to make with it--hummmmm--will have to think on that one awhile!!!?????

and yes I did make it to the Quilt shop and this came out with me--
love the hearts on the three under the print one and love the designs in the print one--
and I do have an idea as to what I am going to make with this bunch--the question is 'when'????

and this is a book I told you about a couple weeks ago that I read--
this one was good and does give one something to think about while reading it!!!!

Well--it is September already--
and I can not for one believe that it is!!!
even the weather says it is still summer--
so what is one suppose to do about that?????

Have a safe and great holiday week end you'all!!!!
Hugs, Di and that Miss Gracie

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your knitting looks good! Don't you just adore watching those little hummers. We are sitting here watching 2 for the past hour just having a ball flitting around our 2 feeders, Can't tell if they are friends or being territorial.

Have a great holiday weekend.
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Merilyn said...

Nice fabric purchases and your knitting is coming along very well. Glad you and Miss Gracie weren't affected by that dreadful hurricane!!

strawberrycream39 said...

Hi there Di! Love those Christmas fabrics...can't wait to see what you make with them! You do such beautiful knitting, maybe one day I will learn too. We also have a hummingbird feeder, love to watch them...although they sure don't like to share with each other! Hope you have a great weekend too. xo Jen