Thursday, November 24, 2011

I BAKED TODAY---

But first I want to say I am thankful for ---
my 'fur' ball---
she does make life interesting sometimes and she does love me!!!!
I am also very thankful for  each and every blogger who reads my blog--
Hugs---

I could 'smell' all those turkeys baking in your ovens today--
and I just had to join in and do one tooooooo!!!!!
See I told ya!!!!
This is suppose to be a table runner by Eleanor Burns--
and I have been wanting to make it for awhile now--
just no time--but this afternoon I made it into the sewing room and built me 'two' turkey blocks--
this one has the applique done on it--the second doesn't yet--
but as I was appliqueing on this block--I got to thinking about doing it as a small wall hanging--
instead--???????  and I could make 2 wall hangings or give the second one away---
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????
Know anyone who would want a turkey block?????


before the 'free' thanksgiving dinner arrived here--
in the Styrofoam container-- !!
I made a mitten--
Yep--it fits my thumb!!!!!
actually it is suppose to fit a wood shaped mitten that is on a key ring--
only this came out even smaller--go figure!!!!
But got lots of yarn and time--
so back to the 'drawing board' I will go!!!!

Well to all of those who are going or have went to Black Friday sales--
be safe--and don't spend all your money in one place!!!!

Hugs, Di and Miss Gracie

6 comments:

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Your turkey block is adorable! I think it would be perfect as a wall hanging. And you know, if you wanted to share the other one, well, I don't have a turkey wall hanging ;-)

sunny said...

Yummy turkey! And zero calories - what a way to go. I don't have a turkey wall hanging either . . . Glad you had a good day.

Merilyn said...

That turkey block really is quite creative! I stared at it for a while to see how it was put together, very nice!!!
We don't have Thanksgiving here Downunder, but I hope your day was a good one!!!

Maria said...

Love the Calorie Free Turkey. Great block.
Hope you had the best Thanksgiving.

Cardygirl said...

Love the turkey block...I love seeing all Thanksgiving related sewing & decorating...would be nice to travel to the US one year & see it!

Carol said...

Di, so glad you had a good Thanksgiving. I just ADORE your turkey wall hanging. It’s so cute! That tiny mitten is cute too! Maybe it will fit your newest doll? Lol

Carol (NJ)

Blog Archive

Some of my clip art comes from here:

  • http:/webweaversfreeclipart
  • http://jsmagic.net