Tuesday, January 31, 2012

WHAT A DAY--

What a month????

What a busy bee month!!!!
It was a 'funny' day here at the 'farm' today--
First my friend Anne came and we hand quilted for a couple hours--
I am still working on that pink one--lots on it to do!!!
then we got her Mom and went out to lunch--had not been to lunch in awhile--

OH==my goodness--could not believe how 'warm' it was out there today--
was at least 60 degrees here--think that has to be an all time record for this area!!!


But I was good when I got home and went to the sewing room and worked--
that is after I opened some windows--wide---
Today though it was to finish up some of the counted cross projects--
Here they are--
Oh-- I love how this came out--
and I fell in love with this cute star hanger a couple months ago at the Country shoppe and bought it--
she said it was holding a calendar--but--I like it holding this!!!!
finished this off into a small pillow--will probably use it in the bedroom???
Is this not sweet or what????
and 'yes' that is a tiny bunny button on the bottom!!!!
and a Santa ornament---the picture yesterday was of his white fur and beard!!!
took the design from this--
and then did alot of my own workings on him--
I mean who ever heard of green fur on Santa?????
This is for  a Christmas through the year cross stitch group!!!
Not sure yet how I will finish him for an ornament, !!!


Now--for the rest of the story--
of course with it being soooo beautiful out,
I did consider going over town for a walk--
but I knew that would mean the Quilt shop stop and the Yarn shop--
and as we all know--Di--does not need anything from either one--
so I decided to be a gooooooood girl and stay home and continue with Plan A--
and that was to finish up the cross stitch projects--
well--
I got the first one done==the word one, and found some black satin ribbon for the holder--
set it over on the bed to be stuffed when I got the other 2 done--

I heard Miss Gracie doing something and turned around and she was "eating" the black ribbon--
oh my--did I panic--I did finally get it all back--and needless to say--in the garbage it went--
then I had an iron accident--
I really love this little iron--probably because it is smaller than most--
anyways I did not know my own strength today--
cause as I was ironing and baring down--I broke the handle--
I can still use it, but it is a pain to use--
and then I happened to burn one finger a bit--
I was ready to give up then--
but I was determined to finish those projects--
so I just kept right on working and it paid off--they are all done!!!


Now I have to go and check out what all I did do this month in the actual sewing/quilting projects--
I know I did some--didn't I???????


Miss Gracie does think I should take  tomorrow off though and just chill for awhile--
we will see???????
Hugs, Di and that 'girl'!!!!

5 comments:

Alice said...

Congratulations on all of the finishes!!! You have certainly earned a day off, but knowing you--you will start 7 new things.
Whatever you do, make sure you have fun.
L,A-

Carol said...

Wow, Di, you have had a FANTASTIC month! I wish I had half your energy to complete my projects.

Hugs to you both,
Carol (NJ)

sunny said...

Oh, poor Miss Gracie, mom took her ribbon away. I guess it hasn't been a good month for irons. Please don't burn yourself. Ouch.

Merilyn said...

What nuisance breaking the iron handle! Your little projects are going well, and you are achieving a bit too, setting your goals in all!!! Well done!!!!

andsewon said...

Oh my sorry for all your boo boos! Hope today goes better for you. All wonderful finishes too!

Blog Archive

Some of my clip art comes from here:

  • http:/webweaversfreeclipart
  • http://jsmagic.net