document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

MY GIFT TO ME--


I also got myself a gift on  Easter Sunday--
I bought a cute cabinet from a tenant that is moving out--
for only $10--!!
Every time I helped this tenant carry in her groceries I had admired this cabinet--
(her daughter said that she had painted it for her mother years ago--)
and as,  I love Black Eyed Susan's, I just had to buy it, Plus, I needed some storage!!

and now I have a lamp in my bedroom too--
And for those 'wondering' yes it is already filled with 'treasures'!!!

The 3rd curtain panel came in on Saturday so the kids got that hung for me and
the holders put up so I can pull the 2 outer curtains to the side--
can't believe how much different it looks in here with the teal curtains!!

And Miss B has taken her carrot off and it is going in with  the Easter stuff for next year!!
She asked to stay out her with me--she thinks I need some 'advice' on my quilting!!???

And in the mail on Monday the rest of the fabric came in to go with these blocks--


so once I get my bom's months caught up I can get back to that one--

It has been a rough week this week working the Night Angel job--
I figured out today that I work a 53 hour straight shift from Friday at 5pm to Monday at 8 am--
and then 15 hour shifts from Monday night through Friday at 8 am--that is a total of 125 hours--
every 4 weeks that I work--ouch!!!!
There has been some other calls and things to deal with besides the tenant who went to the hospital on Easter Sunday--and she did break her wrist--she goes to the Dr tomorrow for either a full cast or maybe surgery  and a cast--she is 81 years young!!!!

So I have been really tired and achy all week--and haven't gotten alot of stitching done--
but did get this one prepped--
the next wool block from Buttermilk Basin--and it is now about half stitched--
Mostly I have read!!!

What is everyone else working on???
              Enjoy the moments, di

5 comments:

Alice said...

Awesome cabinet!! You are a luck furniture shopper. I keep looking. Work really does eat into sewing time--but then we can buy more fabric, so it's all good!
L,A-

Ariane said...

That's a lot of work hours! Make sure you take some time for yourself. Your cabinet is adorable! What a great purchase!

Maria said...

Such a sweet cabinet for your lamp and treasures...
Boy your sure have been busy over the Easter break..

sunny said...

That little cabinet is adorable! and so 'you'. I'm sure it didn't take you long to fill it with treasures. It pays to be in the right place at the right time!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

That cabinet is just gorgeous, what a win! Oh boy, you need to be careful not to work too hard and wear yourself out...hope you get a little break now.. xx