document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, February 22, 2018

RAINBOWS OF COLORS--

I am doing the bom that Joy and Alice are putting out
in their posts--it is from a few years ago--
and I think I did the first couple blocks--
and then I got lost--
so decided to do them again this time around--
And I had also been looking for a project where I could
use these beautiful threads I had gotten  a long time ago--
And I think these will work nicely on the Joy/Alice blocks--
here is the first one--
and as this month is purple month--
I decide I would do this one in purple--
unfortunately--these pretty threads did not show up real well in the photo!!
the center word and flowers are done in a dark purple variegated thread--
and the heart outline in a nice lavender solid color--
it really is pretty in real life!!!
So now we will see what block comes out for March and maybe what color????

And where is everybody today--
it is really quite so far today on blog posts--
is there something fun going on that I forgot about--
and you are all there with out me??????

                        Enjoy, di


6 comments:

Joyce Carter said...

Oh what beautiful colors of thread!They look sooo pretty altogether.
I really love the heart.The stitching looks very nice in that color and I really love the scalloped edge.Great job Di. Big hug!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Looks sooo pretty! Love all those threads, and what a great idea to do rainbow colors :) xx

Raewyn said...

Gorgeous block Di - a lovely mix of your threads. I've been looking at this wondering if I can start something new...!

Kate said...

Those are some pretty threads. Getting good shots of embroidery is hard, especially when using darker threads. Looking forward to seeing what you do for March. Have a great weekend, with lots of stitching.

sunny said...

Those threads are so luscious! I would want to use every one of them!!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Lovely colours! Makes me want to dig out some embroidery .... but I have a coupke of projects I must finish first. :)