document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, April 8, 2010

BACK --WE WENT!!!!

I ended up having to go back to our "favorite" country shop today--but first we took a little detour to photo a "yard of blue"--
This is a big side yard and this time of year --for a short time it is all done up in blue--
This is the house and under this "little" tree the whole lawn is in blue--tiny blue flowers--it is just soooo pretty--
And this "little" tree goes up and up and up into the sky---I love this tree as much as I love those little blue flowers--
As I was taking these pictures we spotted a small tree across the street with neat flowers on it--
See---now here it is up close and personnel---
Oh my how pretty these blooms are--but I have no idea what they are--does anyone know what this tree is??????  I am saying maybe in the dogwood family????

Remember Ma Lamb and baby lamb---from yesterday--while somehow they got bagged up --but not rung up----they did not charge me for them--so I went back today and told them and paid for them--so now they are bought and paid for and they are much happier "campers" tonight!!!!
Ah--what's that you ask----did anything "new" come home with me---Ah--yes--I have to admit it--got another bird--a wood one and a stem of little white berries!!!!

Now I was a "good" girl and did get my work done before I went running around town--
Here is Tagalong with her new Pillow even---Opps you say--your pattern looks different--Ah--no--my pattern looks different--I love the Spring fabrics I used--but when I had them all laid out--
To me (and little sister) it looked far too busy--so I decided to do alittle remodeling and added the white sashing around each block--and then I also found the Plum solid color for the little squares in between and look what I got---
Another Schnibbles that needs quilting!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The pillow is made from the little 1" strips we cut off the edge of some of the charm blocks--just sewed them all together and it was the perfect length for the pillow!! And I can count the pillow as my "first" string art project--yes!!!!

It is raining here tonight--and I love "listening" to it rain--do you????

Hey--Di--it is time for a "chuckle"---

*****A customer walked into our auto-parts store looking for a flat washer.
"That'll be 15 cents ." I said.
"fifteen cents for a washer?? Are you crazy???? he yelled.
"I'll drill a hole in a quarter and make my own"!!!!!!!
                           (Jack Reeves)

Have wonderful fun filled Friday everyone---
Hugs to all---Di

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the top ... & the joke. I am sure bun-bun's are much happier tonight.

Have a great weekend.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

strawberrycream39 said...

The quilt top is GORGEOUS--nice job Di! Love the sashing!

Good for you for being so honest--good karma will come back to you!

Ariane said...

I love your quilt top. The sashing really looks wonderful and the matching pillow is so cute!! You are doing so well. I haven't even started.

luv2quilt2 said...

The sashing is just perfect - really sets off each block. This is such a wonderful time of the year for a walk, and your pictures really prove it.

Lynda said...

The white sashing looks fantastic in your new quilt - makes such a big difference.

Just Ramblin' said...

Love the changes you made to your quilt. It looks totally different. Nola

Shirley said...

Oh my gosh that joke is a funny one! That bush is beautiful. If you ever find out what it is let us know. I want one of those. I like the sashing on the quilt too.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Yes, the white sashing was a good idea! Lovely flowers.

Anonymous said...

Love your honesty!!
OMG...your Schnibbles is off the charts beautiful! I love the sashing. It is eye catching now! A pillow too...wonderful...just wonderful!!

Jocelyn said...

Your Schnibbles looks great! I love how you added the sashing. Really makes the quilt.

Shelley said...

Love LOve Love the Schnibbles!!! I'm beginning to think I have your pattern too!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I love the trees. I like the house in the background too.

The white sashing is just what your Schnibble needed. Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I love your idea for Tagalong. I've been wondering how to give some order to it...compulsive huh? lol
I don't know what the tree is but I want one! It looks like a daisy tree

Phyllis in Minnesota said...

Love your beautiful quilt and I think your tree is a magnolia.

Darlene said...

Love, love the sashing in your Tagalong Schnibble quilt - perfect!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Love your tagalong and pillow! And the sheep are adorable too! :-) Have a happy day!

Grethe said...

I love the flowers of spring,the sheep, yes,the lot!! Great white sashing; Happy Quilting :-)

Allyson said...

Very cute little Schnibbles! Perfect for Spring. And that pillow is just darling.

Unknown said...

Di,
You are a real sweetheart! and honest to boot!! Good for you; and they are sooooo sweet looking. I love my visits here; missed you yesterday! vbg...That is a beautiful spring quilt and I like the sashing and the matching pillow! You've inspired me to make my grandgirls something similar. It looks easy and will make up in no time at all...well, you know what I mean...lol! Take care and God bless you!

hugz, Pam

Joanna said...

Love your blog. The tree is a white magnolia. They have the most delicious scent.

Kim Brackett said...

I came over from Quilt Hollow to see your Schnibbles quilt. She was right -- it's gorgeous! And the pillow is too cute.

Amy said...

Great idea with the white sashing! It compliments the spring colors perfectly.

Loris said...

Your Talalong is absolutely beautiful! As is the pillow.
I love the purple and sashings you added.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Terrific pillow to go with your quilts. Congratulations on your String finish.

GardenOfDaisies said...

The shrub is not a dogwood. I think it's a magnolia.
And I love your pretty quilt!!