document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, August 25, 2019

SUNDAY'S GOSSIP

Well a couple of  you did guess the answer to this--
It is a plane ticket for Sept 3rd--just 9 days away--
for my return trip to Florida to live--
been here for a year and 4 days-but whose counting??
(now today I just read that Tropical storm, Dorian--is headed that way too--
and by the time line--next week end--we will see?????)

Ok
so we are at--
Wednesday--
On  Wednesday I went to see my hairdresser, Charlene in her shop in her home--
about 3 blocks from here--it was her last week in this home-she is moving this coming
week to the country--and I am moving back south--
I have been going to her for 24 years or better--long time!!!
the end of my pansies--but I can't be too sad--
they lasted a whole lot longer than I thought they would!

Thursday---
did some errands over town and then went to the yarn shop--
and I picked out 2 skeins of yarn for socks--
to take back with me--
and had a nice visit with Sue before coming home--

Friday--
my girl friend Ginny took me here--
as I had a few more quilts and wall hangings and one shawl to donate to them
to help raise funds to keep the library open--
but the lady(Gayle) I wanted to see and say Good bye to--wasn't there--
so we left the gifts and headed home--on the way we decided we both needed something
at our Tops grocery store so popped in there--and as I walked into the store--
there was Gayle--so I did get to see her after all--how great is that???

Saturday --
my girl friend Ginny once again picked me (up at 7:45 am this time--)
and we drove to the Wind mill--the Amish Farmer's Mkt--
First I went to the Kitchen store for a couple more things I needed for a couple gifts--
then I had 2 other booths to visit--but did not buy what I had intended to buy--
so I had some money burning a 'hole' in my pocket--
and I had seen a cute dolly in the window of another little shop--
so I stopped there and went in and this what I came out with--
The dolly in the pink on the left--
and her new mouse friend--
so now my other cloth doll has a friend!!  see the big smile on her face?
Now Mrs Mouse will probably go on the Christmas tree--
but I will have to talk it over with Dolly,first??
and yes Dolly's hair is  muted pink color--what can I say???

Also right after I left the Kitchen store booth--
something at another booth in that building made me stop in my tracks--
a whole rack of this tiny zipper purses---
I found this one--with the cute kitties on it--
I have needed a little purse this size for about a year now--
it holds my extra C-123 batteries that I need for my small personal air purifier
that I wear on a cord around my neck--
I sorta wished I had bought a couple more now--oh well-- I only needed one!!!!

As for slow stitching Sunday--
this is what I slow stitch on each day--
ok--
so I try to stitch on each morning--some mornings are more successful than others!!
and right now that is September's Word Play--
I would like to get this one finished before I fly back--
then I would just have 3 more to do in the series--
but I think that is a tall order-right now--
cause the boxes I have to pack are shouting at me to get them started----

I know that some of you are still very hot --
but here yesterday-- I had to haul out my sweatshirt jacket for the Windmill yesterday--
and later in the day I had to turn the heat on--yep--and it is not even Sept yet !!!!!!
all this next week our temps are 50-54 at night and only low 70's during the day--way way too
chilly for this time of the year!!!

Ok I have rambled on long enough--
have to get moving on todays list of 'to-do's'--

JUST KEEP ON LOVING OTHERS--EVERYBODY NEEDS SOME LOVE--
EVEN IF IT IS JUST A BIG SMILE--
LUV, DI

9 comments:

Deb A said...

A plane ticket! How wonderful and just as it is getting a little chilly there for you! Hopefully the storm will steer away from Florida instead of giving you a 'welcome' home! Hugs.

Julierose said...

Oh that little dolly is so cute--that hair is wonderful...
Can I ask what fabric are you using for the inchy embroidery--
I love that idea...good luck with your move to Florida--
fingers crossed that the storm will fly right by...hugs, Julierose

Carol said...

I'm glad your pansies lasted all summer! Mine die out as it gets too warm for them. You always find the neatest little gifts when you go shopping! Hope T.S. Dorian won't turn into a hurricane and threaten Florida! Better make a point of packing at least one box each day, as those 9 days will pass way too quickly!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Good luck with the move back to Florida - how wonderful for you before the really cold weather begins. Dolly and Mrs Mouse are cute :) and that coin purse!
Hugs

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh well.... it wasn't a ticket to see me :) :) All the best with packing and moving again! xx

Jo said...

Love the idea of your inchy'. What will you do with them? Are they made with wool and will be sewn on to a background before joining together?

Julierose said...

May i ask what you mark (or do you?) your inchies with--I just started mine today---thanx Julierose

Kate said...

Hope you got all your packing done and are ready to head south. Hopefully the weather will not delay you too much. Be safe!

Maria said...

Oh what wonderful news for you going back to Florida.. I'm so happy for you..
Hope you plane wasn't cancelled because of Dorian...