document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Friday, December 30, 2011

WHO RAN AWAY WITH--

this past week--I mean it just 'flew'--
must be 2011 is in a big hurry to get out of the way and let another year take charge--
I must say it was a big 'year' with all kinds of happenings around the world--so 2011 must be really "tired"???????
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
I tackled a big project today--
This is a small walk-in closet behind the bathroom door--
and you can see---
it's just a little 'messy'????
and it is also my dirty clothes room--
So today was the day--
to remove it all and start over--
first thing I did once stuff was out, 
was to move the 2 sets of 3 drawer cabinets to the back wall --
these drawers hold most of my yarn collection--the bottom four drawers and then I had to put the rest in baskets on the top--one drawer has my embroidery patterns in it and the top drawer had my counted cross stitch patterns and supplies--
these drawers were where the yellow stand is now--and they were 'fatter' so it did not give me much room to get into the room or out!!!!!
now here is the other side--might still look messy to you--
but let me tell you it is not--everything has a place and now I can get to what ever I need--
and yes that is a sewing machine case in the back corner--got it when I ordered my pink brother's sewing machine--it is large--so just turned the top up side down and that is where I have my rolls of batting stored==works great for that!!!!
And here is a stack of 14 quilt tops that need hand quilting--
think I will run away from home--!!!!!!
the top two have there batting and backings are ready to be basted--
maybe next week I will have more time to do that???????
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Then after a little 'nappy' I was able to finish this--
All the blocks are done and all the embroidery on the blocks are finished--
with 24 hours or so to spare!!!!!!!!!!
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Well--for some of you tonight is the night---
for the rest of us--we still have a few hours of stitching time left--
so get busy!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs, Di and Miss Gracie

4 comments:

Maria said...

That's a huge job you tackled Di. Well done.
WOW that is a big pile of quilts that need finishing.....
Yep it is New Years Eve here. I am having a quiet night in front of the Tele.
Happy New Year to you and Gracie.

Merilyn said...

Yes only 4 hours to go (here in Australia) till we see 2012 in through the front door, with 2011 out the back door LOL!!!
Happy New Year!!!!

Carol said...

Don’t you love it after you clean out a closet or drawer? You had a lot of stuff piled in that closet. Looks great now! Have fun quilting all those tops!

Happy New Year to you and Miss Gracie!

Carol (NJ)

Chookyblue...... said...

not sure about the last week but where has the last month gone.........your SAL is looking great.........goodluck with the room........hope you got it all sorted........