document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, June 11, 2016

ONE BLOCK

I did get this first block finished--
and have started the second one--
and I have gotten more hand quilting done on that quilt--
that I showed you the last time--
am on the first set of outer borders--

and I continue to go each day and take photos--
Sunflowers from Nancy's garden in the back --
and here  is some of her okra plants--aren't the flowers pretty on this vegetable??
I used to grow it myself in NY years ago--I was the only one who could grow it right--
but I was a big believer in planting by the moon --with the Farmers Almanac!!
had fun trying to photo this butterfly with the winds open!!

Well--gotta go check and see if they are going to send the shuttle up today--
Have a nice fun week end--
love and laughter, di


5 comments:

sunny said...

Tell me again about this new BOM?? Di, your photos are just getting better and better. Thanks so much for sharing all the beauty that surrounds you. We're going up to the Finger Lakes next weekend, so I should have some pretty pictures then too!

Karen said...

An old fashioned looking basket embroidery. Reminds me of some that ladies would stitch on the pillow case edges. So very pretty.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

awwww

i wuv flutterbys

Carin said...

I love your block, it is wonderful. Great pictures of the flowers and butterfly.

Joyce Carter said...

Good morning Di. I really love the basket. The embroidery is really pretty. I have made baby quilts and put embroidered baskets on them. If you are interested, here is a blog that has lots of free patterns of vintage embroidery, especially baskets.
www.qisforquilter.com
Her blog is the first one that I ever found. I didn't even know what a blog was at the time. But I was searching for vintage patterns and found hers. I think you will enjoy it.
Hope you are doing well. Hugs, Joyce