document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, March 3, 2018

EXPLORING PART 1

Those parking lot men showed up at 7am on Thursday--
and decided to start working and making noise right under my apt windows--
so DD got a call to come pick me up at 9am--
went to stay at her place until my brother, Jim and sil, Val came
at 3pm--
We did not get back here to their place near Brandon, FL until after 7:30 pm--
were we stopped at a Bob Evans for supper--
so by the time we landed we were ready for these--
rocking chairs out on their sun porch--
and we had company--
on her lap is Hazel--and I had to earn Hazel's love with lots of cookies-
but  Daphne loves every body--but she got lots of cookies too!!!

Yesterday, Friday--
we did a bit of exploring around here in the Brandon area--
and look what we found--
GiGi's fabrics-- a lovely shop and very friendly hep--
it was soo much fun to be in a quilt shop with the newest lines of fabrics--


and yes I did do some shopping--
I found 2 items that I had been needing--
the Navy thread and the walnut crushed shells--
and the lady even said to me--you have the unscented one--
I was thinking --yes--walnut shells are unscented--
but then she showed me they have some with Lavender scent now--
ohh--good thing she pointed out and that I had picked up the right one--
I am allergic to Lavender!!!
the one yard cut on the back of the chair was a sale piece at only $8 a yard--
a couple pieces on the chair are just stash basics=
one is a nice grey and one a nice brown-
and I found these 2 prints--
first the little chick one and knew I had to have me some--
then found the the larger animal one to go with it--
and so the yellow and rusty colored ones I also picked out to go with the--
What am I going make with it---??????
Good question!!!!!

Then we walked down a couple stores to an Antique shop--

and met this gal-
and she wanted to go Antique shopping too--

she would of walked through the door if I had held it open for her!!
this place went on and on--
but I only walked out with these two items--
you know me and my roses on china tea cups--
and birds--see the pretty teal on his wings???
And do you see the name on the bottom--
Gracie--now where have we heard that name before???

I lost my voice-or lets say I croaked out words all day yesterday--
there is tons of oak trees around here-and it seems I don't like them!!
think I am a bit better today--
and--
we are soon to be off on another adventure today--
and there just might be another quilt shop on that route!!!

Enjoy--Di

Here is a picture of Jim's neighbors pink flowers-
and neat tree trunk--
or what is left of a tree trunk!!!!

6 comments:

Alice said...

Looks like a fun day!! Always good to stop at the quilt shop first in case the funds run low. Low the antique store finds and those old bikes are cool.
L,A-

sunny said...

How nice to get away from the everyday, and visit some new places. And who can argue with a couple of stash enhancers. Have fun!!

Chookyblue...... said...

What a great day exploring. ....

Karen said...

I don't know what you paid for the walnut shells but you can purchase them at a pet store. That is where I have purchased them each time I needed a bagfull.

Raewyn said...

Plenty of fun adventuring, Di....a good way to avoid the works outside yur apartment. Looks like great shoppping :-)

Maria said...

A lovely way to get away from the noise. Spending time with family and then exploring new places and finding the great fabric store.
You purchased some nice pieces..