document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, January 17, 2019

COLORS

Threads--and colors--and makers--
I continued on in my sorting goals yesterday--
and it was time to tackle all my thread collections--
and I have alot of them--
and I am sure too many--but do hate parting with any of them!!!

I worked on the Cosmos threads yesterday and this morning--
I had the whole collection about 4 years ago--(over 450 skeins--)
and probably have nearly all of them yet--
I had picked up colored sandwich bags to sort them in--
the colored bags are yellow, green, blue and red--
I organized each 'set' of colors into a bag and labeled them--
and added the number of the lightest color on the label--
I used to have them all in plastic boxes--
like the ones on the right side of this photo--
but there were a couple different series of colors in each section so each time I had to resort them out when looking for the right shades--
I also do not want to ship all these boxes back--they take too much room in the shipping boxes and the plastic gets broken!!

Then this morning I put all the  colors onto rings--
like this ring is full of bags of blues--
and then put the bags into these reused curtain zippered bags--
I do think I would of liked the regular clear sandwich bags for this project instead of the colored ones--lesson learned!!!

This is my shelf now--
2 large curtain bags of Cosmos embroidery thread and one ring of bagged variegated threads on top--
a large bag of Valdani threads, a box of silk threads, 2 boxes of Classic Colorworks threads and a box of Weeks Dye threads--I don't know if I will be putting these 4 boxes of threads in plastic baggies or not!!!
and I still have--
this large bag of Wildflower threads to decide whether to keep or to send to CA--
I do think I have enough thread collections--
and this doesn't count my applique threads, and hand quilting threads or machine threads!!!
Ouch!! how many different kinds of threads does one 'stitcher' need??????????????

MAKE A CRAFT FOR SOMEONE YOU LOVE                                    TODAY--
LUV, DI


4 comments:

Carol said...

Wow, Di, you have been BUSY! I didn't know there were threads for EACH type of sewing project!!! I'm glad you sorted some of it out and it's easier to grab what you need.

Karen said...

I thought you were going to say you were parting with the Cosmos thread. That would have been a shame. I think you are going to have trouble clearing away enough to stick to your goal of the amount of boxes you will ship.

Maria said...

WOW that's a lot of threads but you'er doing well getting them sorted..

Kate said...

That is a lot of thread! It's amazing how many colors and types of thread there is out there.