document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, May 9, 2019

MID WEEK UPDATE--

Well--almost--just a day late--
as I guess mid week is really a Wednesday!!!!

I started the (--or ended the week--??)
on Sunday--
In my nightie all day--
it was cold and windy here again all day--
so just stayed in and worked on projects--
and had hoped to see a race--
but it got rained off --and reset for Monday--

Monday-
Big day--

I am finally an 'Old' lady--
I think they are saying that old age doesn't start now until you are '71'!!!!
I started the day with my trip to Wal mart--
had to do some grocery shopping--
later I got a card on the door-with a gift card in it--
and at mail time a package came--

from a dear friend who reads my blog site-
but doesn't have one herself--
but we have become good friends--
think she is trying to sweeten me up!!!
Thanks-Carol--they are yummy!

I also got my devotional book I had ordered--
and a knitting book--two at a time--toe up--socks!!!
and there was some phone calls and emails and ecards for the day--
and--
I got to watch a NASCAR race in the afternoon--then
I fixed myself a nice supper--

Tuesday--
Was Anne's day with me--
and we started the day out at her house--
with presents--

and I was able to get some neat photos of her flower garden--
this is standing in her driveway and looking south--
then looking west--
she had lots and lots of tulips--
I will be doing a post later over on my other site--disworkbasket-
of some of the ones that really caught my eye--

We then went and did a couple stops at the larger Walmart and Target-
in Elmira --about 20 miles south of here and we did lunch at
Olive Garden--where I got my 'free' slice of Lemon cake--yum!!
Oh and I got to pet most of Anne's cats--and she has cats!!!

Wednesday--
was a not fun day---
they painted our driveways and parking lots with that stinky smelly stuff!!!
I did make it to Walmart for my walk--just as they were starting it--
and then the rest of the day--
I was--
here with the blinds closed and the drapes closed--
(the blinds are open under these curtains as I took this photo this morning!!!
but with them shut and the drapes closed--it is very dark in here--
so for 2 days now in less than a week--I have had to close them cause of
very bad chemical things outside--fun!!!!!
but the parking lots look nice!!!!!!!!!

Here is some photos of flowers I took last Friday when I walked
up to get a loaf of bread at the bakery--


Well that's all folks for now--
It has still been cold and windy here--
that is--
except for my birthday on Monday--
and it 72 degrees and Sunny!!!

I SEND YOU EXTRA  LOVE TODAY--AND
THANKS FOR ALL THE BIRTHDAY WISHES AND ECARDS-EMAILS--
THEY ARE SO SPECIAL TO ME--
LUV, DI
cats are sooo funny!!!
these are not Anne's cats-seen this on the knitting site this morning!!

6 comments:

Carol said...

You got some lovely birthday gifts! Glad mine arrived! ;-) You are so special to so many, so we love to shower you with love.

Sorry about the smelly things outside that affect you so badly. Hope you're doing better now.

HUGS!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You are NOT old! Old is like...in the 90s I think! heeheehee! Glad you got some sweet gifts and now some nice weather! You are a precious friend to me and I'm sending you LOTS of birthday HUGS! Sweet hugs, Diane

Kate said...

Sounds like you had a very nice birthday, other than the stinky parking lot stuff. Hope you see warmer temps and sunny skies soon. The highs here were in the 50's yesterday. It certainly didn't feel like May!

Cheryll said...

Well HaPPy BiRTHDaY for last Wednesday.
Fingers crossed for the warmer weather to stay... xox

Maria said...

You received some lovely BD gifts and had a nice time out with Anne.. Beautiful photos of the flowers ...

sunny said...

Catching up on a few blogs, finally. Looks like you had a pretty special birthday. Sorry about all the fumes. I know how miserable they make you. Anne's flowers are gorgeous!!