document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, June 30, 2024

HOT OUTSIDE AND UNDER THE COLLAR--

 Oh my--lots going on here this past week--besides the hot sun and humidity outside!!!

Plus--today is the last day of June 2024--Ouch and oh my--is all I can say!!



First lets do our Quilting/ stitching stuff--

So first up is--

This months Chookshed challenge--

Remember mine was last years 52 heart bom week blocks--

And I used 25 of them in the first quilt top--

These were my favorite ones--and top is done--there is a 3" wide white border on this quilt-it is kinda hard to see the white border  in this photo--I also have the backing and batting cut for this one and I know what fabric I believe I will use for the binding--just need to get some more of it!!
this is the next one I would like to hand quilt--but I goofed and it too is too wide to tape to my small cutting table--My cutting table is only 39" long and the quilt is 44" long--

This makes at least 3 quilts that I need the bigger folding table for--so now to decide how to rearrange a couple things so I can put up the longer table--but once that is up--I will have to just baste and baste till all 3 or 4 are basted--but then I won't need to baste for awhile--will I ?????

I finished the little strawberry sampler that I was working on--


And now I have decided on doing one more Strawberry one--

And I decided to use the blue in other 2 --for the frame--

And here is some more appliqued heart blocks--

I am working on another part of this quilt --too--and I still need to do more hearts--but am waiting on a fabric order with more blue fabrics in it--

And for the Chookshed challenge for last month--May--

This one--it is all hand quilted--just need to make and sew the binding on--

Now I was going to do that yesterday--but I am keeping Saturdays as a 'clean out' day--and this Saturday it was my water tank closet--and yes some items when down on the free table--I had one big box on the top shelf that held keepsakes--like my first Bible that my parents gave me back in 1960--it was a small one white with a zipper and the zipper has a small cross on end of it--and there is signatures  on the last couple pages--some of friends and family and one page has signatures of fellow campers at a Bible camp I went to back then--have to keep that!!  And lots of photos--so I had a nice long walk down memory lane for the afternoon--and I did throw out alot--some are too old and faded to make out--some I wondered why we took them and some had  people in them I did not know!!!???

On Tuesday, a girl friend from here and I went to Publix for groceries and then to a Mexican Rest for lunch--and that night I went out to dinner at Olive Garden with my son and daughter in law--we did some catching up and I was able to ask them some questions about what is going on next door with my neighbor--they said that whatever he is smoking is worse for me than cigarette smoking--course--I have been sick enough to know that--but it was 'good' to hear someone else say it--

On Wednesday--an asphalt crew came to resurface our big parking lots and driveways here--So I had to do some prep for that--sealed up cracks in the window--and bought 12 charcoal bags, which I  mostly put around and under the air conditioner--and I am happy to say--that I did not get any 'tar' smell in my apartment-(plus the a/c at the end of hall way--just 2 doors down--stopped working so that did not bring any fumes into my hall way--yea!!!  But the rest of this building--everywhere smelled like tar!!!  I was a stay at home person for a couple days!! Still am, really, still a small smell outside--soo!!

********************
This is just for those who want to read about 'the neighbor' problem--
On Monday morning I demanded a meeting with the manager and the social worker--it was not easy--but they finally agreed to one at 3pm--and you know who won that meeting--it wasn't me!!!  They insist that they have talked to  Allen and he insists he is not 'smoking' anything in his apartment and because he is such a 'nice guy' they believe him --so therefore they will not interfere with him--he also has a medical card saying it's ok for him to do this--so case closed!!  What????
Remember I now have 2 air purifying machines running 24/7 in this little apartment--and today I just unpacked a third one for my desk area--Yes--he still is smoking it in his apartment--!!!
And the police can't do anything--they tell me it is up to the management of this building to take care of it!!
So my only hope is to move--I do have my name on a list for where I first lived when I moved down here the first time--but though normal channels that will be another year at least--I am 75 on that list!!
but have heard of a medical form that might help speed it up and put me higher on the list--(am working with the Doctors office on this) in the meantime here I am--I have times where I feel normal and can do what I planned to do--other times--I get --not sure of word--maybe unsettled and not sure what it is I need to do or should be doing!!!!
And are you ready for this--my son and daughter in law--have discovered that that leak I had back in Oct 2023 from a bad storm--that bubbled the pain along my window--(which is not fixed yet)also went across my ceiling all the way to the kitchen wall--under the popcorn stuff and they tell me there is mold up there--What???
I can't report that--at least not right now cause the 'good' maintenance man is off on medical leave--for another month--!!!

So these are some of challenges living here--but I keep telling myself--at least I have roof over my head and a bed to sleep in and hobbies to keep me busy!! THANKS FOR LISTENING

BE CAREFUL IF PARTY'N FOR THE FOURTH--ENJOY THE FIRE WORKS--


HUGS, DI



3 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Are you a hot dog or a hamburger person???? Me--a good Cheeseburger!!
Happy 4th!

Julierose said...

Your hearts are just so lovely, Di;)))
I copied that image of the doggies as my daughter's dog, Libby. is so frightened in thunderstorms that she shakes all over and hides under the bed...
Poor baby;((((
I hope that smoke challenge can be resolved for you...I grew up with both parents and relatives smoking all the time--so I know about 2nd hand smoke problems... not good!!
Take care hugs, Julierose

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Di, I love seeing your progress on these pretty projects. You are like me and love all the stitching methods. Variety is the spice of life. I am so sorry for your apartment woes. That is a challenging situation, for sure. Hang in there and take care.