document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Tuesday, June 30, 2026

HALF WAY THROUGH 2026

 Today is the last day of June 2026--and now we are half way through the whole new year of 2026--I just have one big question for everyone--are you ready for the second half of 2026???? and who is ready to start on Christmas sewing for Christmas in July???????

But first--need to show you what I did get finished in June--


I built-with my own two hands--Junes Tiny house--I think I am finally getting the hang on how to do the finishing on these!!!!!   We should be getting the July one any day now!!!

And from Melisa, I also did her Summer Cross stitching sampler--


Remember I added the Chicken block of hers in Block 2 instead of the veggie one and did the center one with the Strawberry in the center for the quilt block--but still one of Melisa's block--then we came to block #9 and --her block was canned goods--and I did think about it--cause I did a lot of the canning in the family growing up--but decided to wait on her 'extra' block--which was a beach scene--but for some reason--I decided--as I had never been one to be at the beach--(though I love living near the beach!!???) and one morning when I woke up--I realized what was missing--a big bowl of ice cream--and I remembered Melisa gave us that block sometime last summer, I believe--so dug it out and that is my block #9!!!!  I did 4 flavors of ice cream--dark chocolate--strawberry--mocha and vanilla with the strawberry on top--yummy!!!   Thank you Melisa for all fun stitching I had on this one!!  the mat is Navy !

And still talking about Melisa--she is doing a monthly Roundabout embroidery project for us--

I did get all 6 of the stitcheries caught up for the embroidery--I had gotten behind on them--was also thinking how I wanted to finish mine off--and again one morning on waking up--it hit me--that a Dresden plate circle around them might be neat--sooo--


I started with January's--

Then went on to February's-

and now have March's done--

I also have the fabrics picked and the little plates cut out for April, May, and Junes--these do take time--I am hand stitching the plates together and then there is applique the inside edge and then the outside edge-----

And here is some more letters appliqued and embroidered--
I prepared the rest of the letters today!!!

And my big  project the last 2 weeks was getting this box ready--

there is 24 knitted baby sweaters and 9 knitted hats in this box and it did get shipped out to World Vision--now to start working on the next box---
I have kept count of each box since 2021 and so far with this box--I have sent out 190 sweaters plus some hats--but I started sending them in 2011 or 2012--so that number is probably double!!!  And, yes, there is a sweater on the needles and nearly finished now!!!!!!!!!!!

One late afternoon I was here on the computer and looked out the window and this is what I seen--


A big beautiful full rainbow arch--and it stayed a long time--and it was mostly sunny out--it did not rain here--but there is a rainbow--

and the other after noon I seen my first 'dry' lightning bolt--no rain clouds then either from my window--just this one big long lightning bolt and thunder--ouch!!!!

Ok--time to talk about Christmas in July--

My plan for cross stitching is to work on Mrs. Claus for the month--(will have to do July's tiny house--but otherwise--just Mrs. C)  so here is where she is now--


And I have seen some really pretty new Christmas fabrics online--would like to do a new Christmas quilt--but so far--haven't seen a pattern that is calling my name-- or which one of the new lines is talking to me---Soooo????

WHAT ARE YOUR CHRISTMAS IN JULY PLANS--IT'S TOO HOT OUT THERE TO GO ANYWHERES--SO WE NEED TO STAY INSIDE AND SEW!!!

HUGS, AND BLESSINGS TO ALL--DI



5 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

A big bowl of ice cream rounded out the Summer Stamps perfectly, Di. Your Summer Stamps are gorgeous and love your Roundabouts and Tiny House. Wow! You have been so busy! Thank you so much for stitching along with me and brightening my day. Hugs.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love your Summer Sampler - the bowl of ice cream for the 9th stamp I a great idea! I'm still on #8, so still thinking about that last one. And your Roundabouts are sweet as can be, Di! I love how you bordered them. That is a beautiful rainbow photo you caught!

Jo said...

Xmas in July is too much to handle atm. Wow. The year is disappearing

Kate said...

Using Dresden Plate blocks for the Roundabout embroidery pieces was an inspired design choice. That's going to be one fun quilt or set of mini wall hangings. I do have some Christmas present sewing planned for this year, I should probably get started on that soon.

Fiona said...

I love your tiny house finish - looks great like that and your embroidered plates are lovely.....
Hugz