document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, July 12, 2026

HAPPY JULY--

 So are we having fun yet--we are diffidently on the count down to the Holidays!!!  OUCH--  Are we working on any Christmas or Fall projects??

I tried--more on that later!!!

I did work on Mrs. Claus counted Cross stitching since the first of July--

Here is the before July 1st--


And here is where I am as of Saturday--

The Quilt on her lap is pretty much done--there will be bit more done on the quilt with the backstitching and some added features when the piece is all done--got the reds back in the thread box--ready to continue creating her dress--

I did do this project-sorta???
These little squares were along side a bigger panel that I got sometime ago and did the panel and every year when I open the Christmas tote--I think----I will do something with them--so I got brave and head strong and said--I will do something with these --first--so I did--only--I did not take the time to measure each one between the other one--and boy did they come out 'crooked'--so--


Here they are now-ready for Plan B!!!!!

As it's a beginning of a new month--I have to stop other things and do my Block of the Month blocks--
and I am happy to say that I am "totally" all caught up with Melisa's Roundabout blocks--
Here is those so far--




the first one is this months--July's--then May's, Aprils, and Junes--


Here is all 7 months so far---

Only got one more ABC block done--
But did order this fat quarter bundle of Tilda fabrics as I will need a lot more of that line for the rest of this quilt--


I know I will also make some of the little flower prints in Grandmother Flower blocks to go with the other 2 fabric lines of  hers that I am using--this bundle also has some of the poppy seed fabrics in the bundle--

I just did, and finished up this months BOM from Attic Heirlooms--

Love this basket--and I just realized that this company is in Brooksville, FL--directly across the state from me on the West Coast????

Been working a bit on this months jewel heart blocks--and a few I got done from last months--
last months--
This months--aqua, teal, turquoise these are the darker ones--have several more cut out!! lighter colors--

And here is my big wooden bowl so far--


Think I need to put these in a bag so there will be room for more!!!!

And this will be my slow stitching job today--

This monthly BOM started last month and is Christmas ornaments--from Joy's site--she doing her's all in red--but --to me--Christmas is lots of colors--so will be doing each one in a different color--this months is dark green!!

Have a couple other BOM's in  progress--but no other finishes yet--

And someone--couldn't have been Me--did some other fabric shopping since the first of the month--
Lots of Something blue--don't have a plan yet--am waiting to see what others are doing--though a plan or two is working around in the brain--which is probably--trouble---

And I just had to get some of this fabric--


I mean--who could not buy this fabric with these cute, dressed up mice--this is almost too pretty to cut up even!!!!  Also got a couple baby prints and a Fall panel!!!

We are suppose to be having some heavy Saharan Dust-- first they said last week--now they say starting today---wished they would make up their minds--I do believe we had some last week--maybe some before the big some gets here???? and some very hot humid temps--inside weather????

PRAY EVERYONE IS KEEPING COOL OR WARM WHERE EVER YOU ARE--KEEP PLANNING AND STITCHING, READING, OR KNITTING--AND DON'T FORGET TO SPEND TIME WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS--THINKING OF EACH OF YOU--AND ALWAYS THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS AND FOR READING MY POSTS---
HUGS, AND SWEET DREAMS--DI
PS--it's raining--but all I see is blue skies and sunshine--crazy!!!!





4 comments:

Julierose said...

I love the dresden plate setting that you used around Melisa's lovely blocks you've embroidered...nice work on these--so neat;)))
hugs, Julierose

Kate said...

Your Round About blocks are such fun. A very unique way to set those. You've got so many fun projects in the works and are caught up. I'm definitely jealous!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm stitching a Santa right now, so joining you in Christmas in July! The way you are making the roundabout designs into Dresden blocks is so neat. They are going to make a gorgeous quilt! It's hot and dry out here in Colorado - you could send some of that rain our way!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I had to smile, Di because I am doing Joy's Floral Baubles in the same colorway. How fun! Your stocking looks amazing and love the EPP hearts. Aaw your Roundabouts are beautiful! I am in awe of your creativity and productivity. You are an inspiration. Thank you for stitching the little roundabouts. Have a blessed day. Hugs.