document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, August 2, 2026

WELCOME TO AUGUST--AND END TO CHRISTMAS IN JULY

 Oh my--was I glad to put all of the Christmas back into --time out!!!

I did several Christmas projects--but after the first week or two--my 'heart' wasn't really into it--but I just keep 'pluggin' away at it!!

Here is the newest project--

I am not sure when I the got the bird circle fabric--??? I think it might have been this year--but???  All I know is I found it in my Christmas fabric tote--wanted to do something with it--but what???  Then I found a site that has printed items--cute, cute,cute--and you can get them in several sizes--I seen some I liked--signed up for the site--and every so often I get a sale newsletter from them and this pine tree was on one--this panel is 18x18" and made the perfect background for the little bird ornaments--this is now ready to be layered and basted and hand quilted!!  (I got some other pre-printed squares to play with--so more coming from this new site to me??)

And this is where I am on this project--
I really liked how this 'redo' came out--right up to this  outer border--I love the fabric on the border--just not sure I like this border on this little quilt top?????  So --now?????

and I did alot--and I mean alot of hexies the last few days--

There is 20 sets of at least 6 hexies to each print in this box--with some random ones there in a pile outside the box--not sure how I want to finish these--whither into flowers, or just random stitching them together with some reds, greens and whites???????

And here is how far I have gotten on Mrs. Claus--


I did get the rest of her dress stitched in and started on the 'fur' along the hem of her dress--still have her slippers to do--plus a big rug under her rocking chair with some kittens and puppies on it--I have surprised myself that I have keep working on this project--it is way more involved than it looked in the magazine!!!!!

And this project--
really 'stalled' out on me--so it's definitely in time out!!!

In regular sewing news--
I started the row of the numbers to the ABC quilt--


And finished the teal jewel hearts--
though these look more blue--opps!!!!!!

I am ready for the new color---Yellow--bring it on------!!

I am continuing to have daily problems with the Vertigo--but I did notice one day this week while sitting on the patio out front--that the Palm trees here are just loaded with huge blooms--plus we have had the Saharan dust for a couple weeks or more--so am believing the vertigo is being caused by those two things --I just have to do everything in slow motion and everything takes me longer to do--but --thank God, for helping me --I do keep on going and staying busy--doing alot of hand work--at least!!!

SO--WHATS EVERYONES PLAN FOR AUGUST?????  STARTING ANY NEW PROJECTS--TELL ME ABOUT THEM!!!
HAVE AN AWESOME WEEK--HUGS, DI





No comments: