document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, February 9, 2020

HAPPY SUNDAY'S ARE BACK--

I have always enjoyed Sunday's--
but in the last few years even more so--
at least from mid Feb through Mid Nov--
Can anyone tell me why????

NASCAR season--yep--sorta starts today--
with a non-points race--but it still involves a track-
and fast cars!!!!

So lets recap last week-
which somehow got away from me and I forgotdidn't have time to post!!!
I am still working steady on a couple projects--
I am doing the daily--Crabapple square this month--
for National Embroidery Month
Today's will be the 'K' block and it has a different flower stitch on it--
I have to go look up the video first to see how to make it!!

but also worked on some others--
I did stitch up this little quilt top--
I now have to take this to a fabric shop, I believe to decide on another border--
and this first one might still be a bit too dark wide--though it will finish at 1.5" wide!!
this is from a charm pack and still have alot of squares left to make a 2nd larger quilt top!

Yesterday--

for the color of the month--
I got the first 4-9 patches made up--
and did alot of cutting for the next 2 Saturdays stitching projects in orange--
(No sleeping on the job--when sewing with such bright orange colors!!)

and for Slow stitching Sunday's--

my morning stitching I got 2 more birds stitched in on this project--
the 2 bottom larger birds on the left and the right!!

And for the afternoon stitching--
I will be working on this 'set' to start the racing season off--
there is '4' aprons for this quilt--
(remember all the tracing and coloring I did on several Crapapple patterns
back in NY??? I will be embroidering them during the races this year!!)
this afternoon I have to pick out floss colors and then I am off and stitching!

As for this weekly challenge--
I happily stitched 7 out of 7 days--
and did a total of 28 hours stitching--
which comes out to an average of 4 hours a day--!!!!
lots of hand quilting going on last week !!

and here is a photo of the new pansy plant I bought on Monday --
this past week--
The stems get so long--that I have to 'pick' them off and add them to a cute
container of water to enjoy them--we will see how long the actual plant lives inside
this apartment!!

Well--time to go see what everyone else is up to this week end--

TELL SOMEONE --THAT YOU WOULDN'T ORDINARY TELL--
THAT YOU LOVE THEM!!
LUV, DI



8 comments:

Kim said...

Your Sunday stitching is going to be filled with a variety of pretty stitching. Such sweet details in the Crabapple stitchery and your little quilt is lovely. Yes, there is no way you could nod off with all those orangey fabrics. Enjoy watching all those fast cars spin around and around. =)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I just watched the video for today's stitch on the Crabapple SAL, and oh my goodness! I'm going to have to practice this one on another piece of fabric first, I think! :) Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

You have some wonderful projects going! I am not a Nascar fan but I live very close to the Texas Motor Speedway and I know there are a lot of fans when they close the highway when Nascar arrives. But XFL football is starting and I am going to give it a try. Happy Stitching

moosecraft said...

Nice variety of stitches in progress! I'm looking forward to NASCAR as well...Daytona is next weekend? :-) I bought the DVD of Blink of an Eye, the Michael Waltrip movie...it was awesome! Definitely a great addition to the DVD collection if you like NASCAR, Waltrip and Ernhardt, Sr.!

Kate said...

You've been busy with some really fun projects. Love the aprons. I convinced My Guy to go to Tulsa with me so I could get a new TV since the one in the sewing room got zapped by lightening a few weeks before the end of the last season. He put two and two together to figure out that yes "my races" are starting back up soon.

Denise :) said...

My FIL has been talking about NASCAR for weeks now! LOL! It's fun to have something to work on while you watch, isn't it? Those aprons look like they'll be fun to stitch! And I love your SAL piece! :)

Linda in Calif. said...

Good Morning Di! Nothing like live flowers in the house to make your home nice and beautiful. Of course I watch NASCAR rooting for my guy Chase. I'm liking that Boyer guy too - he's so funny. I love your new apron project. And you know I love the orange blocks.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome use of your ORANGE scraps!!