document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, February 2, 2020

NEW SUNDAY--

This is a new Sunday in a new month--February!!!
and we have new projects to play with --
and new blocks to make--
and new colors to work with-
how much more exciting can it get!!!

First up is the new color for--
February--
bright cheery orange--
and I also broke down and invested in a new cutting mat to see if my
rotary cutter will work better--even with a new blade it skips all the time--
someone suggested it could be my 'old' faithful mats-so we will see!!!
So I am getting ready to work with orange--
Luckily I also got this in the mail--
a charm pack of pretty pinks to think about--
while sewing with the 'not' so favorite color for me--orange!!!

and for this report--
I have January's totals-
I stitched 30 out of 31 days in January--
and I stitched for a total of at least 72.5 hours!!

And for this one--
I worked on this Counted Cross stitching piece--
Last Sunday I stitched the big bird  that is on the upper right side--
and this Sunday I did the Owl and have also started the bird under
the Owl--
I have another cross stitch piece that I am working on during the week!!

And here is the hard one--
Cause I have 2 quilts that are 'yellin' at me to hand quilt them this month--
and I a pretty sure I will only have time to do one of them--
First one is--
The teapot one--so far in a month--
I have only gotten that center teapot hand quilted--Ouch!!!
but--
this one also wants to get done, next--
It is ready--all basted --
and there is a new hand piecing project starting up again soon--
and it would be nice to say that this one is finished before we start the next one!!

Soooooo--Which one do you think I should set as my goal for February??????

What do you have planned for February???

REMEMBER TO ADD SOME LOVE TO YOUR DAY--
EVEN IF IT IS A QUICK WALK OR A PIECE OF CHOCOLATE!!!
LUV, DI

13 comments:

Robin said...

Sorry orange isn't your favorite color. Maybe just one block? I had a friend who didn't like orange and made a pumpkin quilt with just white pumpkins.

Karen said...

I see several quilt bloggers preparing to work with orange this month. What's up?

Jennifer said...

Hope you enjoy the oranges even if they aren't your favorite. And I say that the new project is a bright and cheery one and would be a good start for February. Congrats on your great numbers.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your hand-pieced quilt is lovely! I'm looking forward to the new hand-piecing qal coming up, too!

Maria said...

Sorry you don't like orange but I think it will go well with all the RSC blocks this year.....
Lovely crosss stitch project ...
Hmm maybe finish hand quilting the teapot one...

Kim Sharman said...

I am not a fan of the colour orange either. Love both your quilts that are waiting to be quilted. I choose the teapot pretty to perhaps quilt first.

loulee said...

Orange is a funny one isn't it. I thought I would struggle, then found three pieces that will be more than big enough.

Denise :) said...

I love your little cross stitched owl -- he's very handsome. Nicely done! :)

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh - I love orange. Those sister blocks are going to look so cool in orange. It probably won't grow on you as you work with it so just get it done and over with. As for the hand quilting - choose the one with the least work, so you can start your new project.

Kate said...

You've got some fun scraps to play with for the RSC this month. Congrats on having a very stitchy January. You are moving along with lots of projects this year. Seems you've settled into your new digs and have lots of good energy. Happy stitching this month no matter which quilt you picked to finish.

dq said...

I am going to have to go back on your posts and get a better look at that adorable tea pot quilt!

Raewyn said...

Well done on your month of stitching Di - amazing how the hours add up! Exciting to have shiny new fabric to sew with - I'm sure you will make some lovely orange blocks even though it's not a favourite.... good luck with your OMG - who know, you may get the second one started, at least!

Patty said...

Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.